Maid Keeping Items ??

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Maid Keeping Items ??

Postby chixchix » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 am

Hi all, some time ago,when I checked my maid's drawers, i saw a big piece of my ginger inside and I didnt ask her about it.

I have just returned from a short trip with my kids and she was at home. few days before my trip,she was all smiles, in the 3 months I have kept her ,I can rarely see her smile.She is not getting any salary and will be getting only in July this year due to her agency rules.

Now the day I left for my trip, she was very sad.I just got back yesterday and washed a load of clothes, I was taking the laundry out of thde washing machine when I saw 2 of her panties inside. I asked her why her panties is inside, and she just said " I dont know " and today I had asked her to throw away a box of cake that will be expiring soon. When she left to take my kids for tuition, I checked her drawer and found the cake box,my son's medicine for inflammation , I saw an egg in a ziploc bag,and my broken Langkawi magnet.I am very mad, what is she trying to do? When she came back, I pretended to count all my magnets and asked her if she saw it.. but she said no.

I have grown up having many Malay friends as per what I know an egg can be used to do magic. Is that what she is trying to do,,and furthermore being an Indonesian, there are many such things.

Please advise me what to do or what do you comprehend from the above ?

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Keeping Items ??

Postby maggicho » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:14 am

If u dont like her just sent her back to the agency. A home is a place to rest, i doubt u can rest in peace with her staying in ur house.

maggicho
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Keeping Items ??

Postby laughingcat » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:23 am

Sounds scary.

Yeah agreed......a home is a place to rest and enjoys the company of love ones. No back stabbing and no voodoos or whatsoever.

Just change your helpers lah if she cannot understand your expectation. Right from the start, i stated out front to my maid at the agency. *phew* we never had such bad experience.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Maid Keeping Items ??

Postby tankee » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:37 am

maybe she is keeping the food to eat and the magnet as a gift for someone back home?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby peterch » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:32 am

chixchix wrote:..........I have grown up having many Malay friends as per what I know an egg can be used to do magic. Is that what she is trying to do,,and furthermore being an Indonesian, there are many such things.

Please advise me what to do or what do you comprehend from the above ?

I understand your worries, as maggicho said, if you are not comfortable with her, just return her to the agency :D

As for your quote of 'magic', I personally don't think she would posses such 'ability' unless she brought in the egg from Indonesia to your home. :xedfingers:

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby laughingcat » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:45 am

tankee wrote:maybe she is keeping the food to eat and the magnet as a gift for someone back home?

Then what about the ginger? Eat raw ginger? :yikes:

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chixchix » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:18 pm

I personally have got nothing against maids eating whatever they want, but there is no need to lie. When I asked her last nite if she had thrown the cake ,as I forgot its not expired " she said u ask me to throw ,i throw lah "

So i kept quiet. but I knew that checking her drawer,half the cake was eaten, it was a liquor cake and i think she didnt know cos i thought muslims cant take liquor ( i may be wrong ,am not sure ) .

Today i saw,all the items no more there, i think she threw it.

I have already stated my expectations to the maid agency. i dont know where or which agency to go to, to get a maid. Now I am thinking of getting a Filipina who is more than 38 years old, i never kept a pinoy before , and I dont know how it will be.

Cos if something go wrong again, then my hubby will scold me that I keep experimenting ,and he has to pay agent fees.

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby laughingcat » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Why don't you have a heart to heart talk with her. Talk to her in a non-tense situation. Both of you sit down and really talk. Lay down your expectation and house rules. This is what I did. It is better for both sides.

BTW, my helper has been with us for 4 years (considering this year). Changing helper is not the solution. It is kinda of tiring teaching the helper all over again. Both of you require at least 3 months of getting use to each other. So what is the point if the next one also like that.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peapot » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:54 am

That's true, changing maid is tiring.

Chixchix, she threw away the things because I think she knows that you went through her drawer. If you don't like her, it's best to send her packing. Try to go back to the same agency. Don't you have a free replacement? Changing agency also means more costs involved and yr hubby may not like it.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby HAPPYH » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:20 am

I think it is better to talk to your FDW first. if it does not work, then simply send her back.

I can understand how your hubby will react as I am also having some difficulty with my FDW (not the black magic issue; she always threaten me saying that she will go back home) and my hubby will say it is troublesome, I must close one eye, etc etc.....

I feel like sending her back, but I also dont like to train another one from the beginning according to our needs. Pay them money and yet need to face lot of unnecessary problems. :slapshead: :stupid:

PS: I really treat her well and she admitted this with the agent and her cousin several times. What can we do more than this?????

HAPPYH
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Domestic Help