Is there a way to black list maid

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Is there a way to black list maid

Postby bsk » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Is there a way to blacklist a maid by writing to MoM.

My maid overacted for simple headache and got admitted in NUH hospital..spent around 3500 SGD for 3 days to do all scans, blood test etc..,and finally when the doctor say have to do MRI scan, i begged the doctors that i cant afford to pay such an amount(we are from a normal middle class family).

I sent her to her hometown today..

Adding comedy to the whole drame...guess what... Upon discharge the NUH doctors gave the same panadol (which i gave to her before going to hospital).

I really want to blacklist the maid and agency which has been continuously cheating me.. Any advise is appreciated

I'm very desperate to blacklist this maid, who cheated me..Am not able to go to work now, 'cos there is nobody to take care of my kids..Feeling very depressed and frustrated...

bsk
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Is there a way to black list maid

Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:53 pm

hard to blacklist

from their hometown they can get a new passport under and a new name and come again

you did the wise thing - send her back

and see how many times she can come with new passports and new name

provided every employer does the wise thing instead of sending them back to the agents
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bsk » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:20 pm

how else to penalise these maids...

my hard earned money by working 12 hours a day for a month, is drained in 3 days in NUH

i'm totally not able to digest this fact of doing too many scans and the great NUH doctors giving "Panadol"...

bsk
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Peace Charlie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi Hal. I believe u bought ins for her it shd b claimable. Hope it helps.BTW I'm counting dwn sending my helper away n place my kids in after sch care cos time n time I ve lost trust in them n govt is not helping us but them. Sigh!

Peace Charlie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MrsSeah » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Try to claim from the insurance u buy for her.

How to blacklist her? If she is faking, the doctor wouldn't let her hospitalise for 3 days right? It is impossible to tell MOM that the doctor is lying together with the maid right? :roll:

Haiz... This is the loops hole for maid lor. Couldn't understand why employer have to bear the hospitalization bills. If we are hospitalize, will our employer bear our bill? We have to pay ourselves using our medisave or medishield or our own insurance right? Sigz....

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jtoh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:54 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:hard to blacklist

from their hometown they can get a new passport under and a new name and come again

provided every employer does the wise thing instead of sending them back to the agents

MOM goes by thumbprints now so no point getting new passport and identity.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jtoh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:57 pm

MOM will consider blacklisting if a police report has been made for theft, abuse, letting strangers into your house etc. I don't think you can blacklist your maid based on your circumstances. But go ahead and write to MOM and see what they say.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:58 pm

jtoh wrote:

no matter. same name can still come again and again, no ?
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:58 am

verykiasu2010 wrote:
jtoh wrote:

no matter. same name can still come again and again, no ?

Can. So long as they're not blacklisted they can come again and again using the same name. They just can't try hiding under a new name and new passport if they're blacklisted because MOM operates using thumbprints now.

And I agree that employers should just send the maids back and not transfer them. Otherwise it's just passing on the maid to another unknowing victim.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby peapot » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:22 am

I thought biometric is only for citizens? Not all countries has this biometric passport.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Domestic Help