First time hiring a maid

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

First time hiring a maid

Postby Wak » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:20 am

Hi, I need some advice about hiring maid.
I hired my burmese maid six months ago and she has been ok.
However I found that she has stolen some coins on floor and she lies about very little things.
When I found that our coins have gone missing a lot. I talked to her about it and told her it is ok if you tell me now but if you lie there is no choice but I cannot forgive you. She still pretend she knows nothing with her proud face. But I knew that she took them because I purposely left some coins on floor on that day. Finally I told her where the coins were and she admitted that she took them. And guess what the coins came out from her bra! She hid them in bra! I couldn't believe it!
She claimed that was her first time. But of course I don't believe it.
Money she stole was a little but when she lied she was like so natural and if didn't know she stole I would fall on it.
She lies little things and I really hate it. It doesn't matter how small it was I just hate pepole lie! And I told her that on the very first days.
Now I started to think I should change... But am I too nervous about it?
It is my first maid and I don't know what others like and also I don't have many friend who have maid.
I want a maid who is honest. I don't mind if the maid couldn't do much work cos there is not much work in the house but I want honest lady. I fact current one don't do much anyway.

Burmese maid New in Singapore and working ok with me.
Her English sucks and I can barely tell her to do things in words but I have to show her.
Says yes to everything.
She is 23yo but not mature enough.
Follows order but can not think herself.
Cooking sucks too. she cooks the same thing over and over again.
She stares at pepole without a word that make me so uncomfortable.
Never ask for a thing but she steals food (sometime i forget to buy her snack but she could have told me! and my son's toy (if she ask I would have given to her but she took it without a word and also lied that she asked my son. My son didn't even know where it was!!

Is it impossible to find anyone who is totally honest?
Should I ignore these lies since they are not big lies?
Or should I change and give an another try? But would it be too much hassle?

Wak
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: First time hiring a maid

Postby nms1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:15 pm

If she has lied to you and you cannot trust her then, cruel as it may seem, you need to change.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: First time hiring a maid

Postby Smurfkitty » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Wak wrote:Hi, I need some advice about hiring maid.
I hired my burmese maid six months ago and she has been ok.
However I found that she has stolen some coins on floor and she lies about very little things.
When I found that our coins have gone missing a lot. I talked to her about it and told her it is ok if you tell me now but if you lie there is no choice but I cannot forgive you. She still pretend she knows nothing with her proud face. But I knew that she took them because I purposely left some coins on floor on that day. Finally I told her where the coins were and she admitted that she took them. And guess what the coins came out from her bra! She hid them in bra! I couldn't believe it!
She claimed that was her first time. But of course I don't believe it.
Money she stole was a little but when she lied she was like so natural and if didn't know she stole I would fall on it.
She lies little things and I really hate it. It doesn't matter how small it was I just hate pepole lie! And I told her that on the very first days.
Now I started to think I should change... But am I too nervous about it?
It is my first maid and I don't know what others like and also I don't have many friend who have maid.
I want a maid who is honest. I don't mind if the maid couldn't do much work cos there is not much work in the house but I want honest lady. I fact current one don't do much anyway.

Burmese maid New in Singapore and working ok with me.
Her English sucks and I can barely tell her to do things in words but I have to show her.
Says yes to everything.
She is 23yo but not mature enough.
Follows order but can not think herself.
Cooking sucks too. she cooks the same thing over and over again.
She stares at pepole without a word that make me so uncomfortable.
Never ask for a thing but she steals food (sometime i forget to buy her snack but she could have told me! and my son's toy (if she ask I would have given to her but she took it without a word and also lied that she asked my son. My son didn't even know where it was!!

Is it impossible to find anyone who is totally honest?
Should I ignore these lies since they are not big lies?
Or should I change and give an another try? But would it be too much hassle?

It time u change immediately a leopard will never change its spot.. I have maid for 6 years.. The previous2 maid finish their contract and were trustworthy until this 3rd Indonesian maid I have.. She is devil.. U can go to the forum about blacklist maid and her photo then u know what I meant.

She also steal food and money from us .. When we discover she steal food we gave chances to her.. Then she became daring, steal money and ultimately abuse my girl, steal things and run away..

As mother, we just have to be very firm for such matter.. This is based on experience.. Change her immediately if not she s a time bomb just like my 3rd maid

Smurfkitty
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Domestic Help