Thermomix - reviews

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Thermomix - reviews

Postby b2b3m4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:39 pm

I am a FTWM with 3 kids and I enjoy cooking for my family.

I have read lots of great reviews on the net of the benefits of Thermomix and am wondering if there is anyone out there who owns one and can share about this machine.

It is currently available at TOTTS and costs more than $2K.

Benefits
- does weighing - good for children to start off cooking. Not for me whereby everything goes by "aga-ration" or eye ball.
- a super blender that can crush ice to make ice cream, crush rock sugar to icing sugar
- blends and cook at the same time. meaning can make soya drinks, blends and fries spices
- cooked at controlled temp. Good for making baby food (i no longer need that)
- cooks pasta and risotto by itself without the need to stand over the stove

Anyone can share if it is worth the money?

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Thermomix - reviews

Postby CMF » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:58 pm

CMF
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby b2b3m4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:31 pm

I have done lots of research and read all the reviews. It has received great feedbacks but doesn't seems to pick off here.

I am just wondering if any forumers own this machine and if they bought it from TOTTS or a Thermomix representive?

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Shoe » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:57 pm

I've been eyeing one forever! Very ex tho... Anyone actually using it? On a separate note... Is this the right forum to post this in?

Shoe
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KiasuPiano » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 am

Hello,

Yes after a lot of thought, deliberation and saving, my husband have finally purchased a Thermomix a year ago :love:

I have fall in love with it and cannot go without it daily.

It is definitely worth the money getting, especially if you have children at home.

It is a brilliant time saving tool that allows you making a lot of things easily from scratch.

Hmmm . . . . it is just like a "German Maid" at home :smile:

KiasuPiano
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby znzyzyzx » Sun May 06, 2012 8:00 pm

KiasuPiano wrote:Hello,

Yes after a lot of thought, deliberation and saving, my husband have finally purchased a Thermomix a year ago :love:

It is definitely worth the money getting, especially if you have children at home.

It is a brilliant time saving tool that allows you making a lot of things easily from scratch.

May I know how much you pay for it ? There seems to be some kind of similar machine selling in Tangs, do you think it is in the same league ?

znzyzyzx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mabel_lee » Sun May 06, 2012 9:12 pm

What is TOTTS? Can the machine cook a few delicious concurrently?

mabel_lee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby KiasuPiano » Sun May 06, 2012 10:48 pm

znzyzyzx wrote:
KiasuPiano wrote:Hello,

May I know how much you pay for it ? There seems to be some kind of similar machine selling in Tangs, do you think it is in the same league ?

Hi,

It was a gift from my husband last April.

I am sorry that I do not know the exact price but heard from him that it cost around S$2300 to S$2500.

I am not sure about the one selling in Tangs.

It is definitely worth getting it if you have some kids at home.

Cheers!

KiasuPiano
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby znzyzyzx » Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 pm

KiasuPiano wrote:
Hi,

It was a gift from my husband last April.

I am sorry that I do not know the exact price but heard from him that it cost around S$2300 to S$2500.

I am not sure about the one selling in Tangs.

It is definitely worth getting it if you have some kids at home.

Cheers!

why ? because it is easy for kids to use ? or because it can cook kids stuff easily ? so a lot of blended stuff ? Sorry for so many question, because i am also thinking of buying a vitamix (blender), but if thermomix can do the blending job as well as vitamix, then may be i can just invest on thermomix.

thanks.

znzyzyzx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KiasuPiano » Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 pm

mabel_lee wrote:What is TOTTS? Can the machine cook a few delicious concurrently?

Hi,

ToTT is a 36,000sqf store that offers an unparalleled range of dining and kitchenware products to fulfill your aspirations in cooking, baking or hosting.

ToTT have specially selected the many Tools Of The Trade to get you going in the right direction, as well as cooking classes to help you create unique culinary moments for your family and friends.

Pls check : www.tottstore.com

If you are keen attending a demonstration, please email me enjoyplayingpiano@gmail.com

Cheers !

KiasuPiano
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help