what should i do?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

what should i do?

Postby peapot » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:06 am

My current indonesian maid is leaving in Nov this year. Other than being rude at times, she can do her job fairly well. She has being with me for coming to 2 years 1 month. She was quite polite in the first year but slowly I noticed she has become rude of late. Other than that, I have never ever need to wake up early to ensure my P3 gal goes to school on time. My gal has never been late for school before. This is the most critical point that I m tolerating my maid for being rude as my gal needs to wake up at 5am.

After reading the papers that there might be a long wait 4 to 6 months for indonesian maids, I've decided to approach my agent for bio-data. It turns out that I don't really need to wait that long. I will be able to get a new maid by July if I confirm one now. I thought of timing a new maid in a "one in one out" way.

Then the agent email me and told me I should expedite in my hiring because there are alot of unfair rules for employers coming out soon. She did not elaborate. Also she says all the bio-data are snapping up like hot cakes.

Do you mummies think I should listen to the agent and get in a new maid earlier? I am also concern that it might be more difficult to get a new hire in Aug or Sept because "Fasting month plus more employers rushing to hire maids before weekly off day kicks in"

So what should I do?

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: what should i do?

Postby fairplay » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Eh...you only want mummies to respond?

fairplay
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby peapot » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:45 pm

Ha...I don't mean it that way. I welcome anyone suggestions. I thought usually men don't bother with maid issues as much as us.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:51 pm

so I can't say a thing :censored: :censored:
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funx3 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:33 pm

peapot wrote:My current indonesian maid is leaving in Nov this year. Other than being rude at times, she can do her job fairly well. She has being with me for coming to 2 years 1 month. She was quite polite in the first year but slowly I noticed she has become rude of late. Other than that, I have never ever need to wake up early to ensure my P3 gal goes to school on time. My gal has never been late for school before. This is the most critical point that I m tolerating my maid for being rude as my gal needs to wake up at 5am.

After reading the papers that there might be a long wait 4 to 6 months for indonesian maids, I've decided to approach my agent for bio-data. It turns out that I don't really need to wait that long. I will be able to get a new maid by July if I confirm one now. I thought of timing a new maid in a "one in one out" way.

Then the agent email me and told me I should expedite in my hiring because there are alot of unfair rules for employers coming out soon. She did not elaborate. Also she says all the bio-data are snapping up like hot cakes.

Do you mummies think I should listen to the agent and get in a new maid earlier? I am also concern that it might be more difficult to get a new hire in Aug or Sept because "Fasting month plus more employers rushing to hire maids before weekly off day kicks in"

So what should I do?

Sista ....
Looks Like We in Same Boat.
But My Maid's WP Expire earlier than yours, in Sep. Have Forgotten About Fasting Month ....

My Maid, Apart From Getting Rude, Progress To Not Waking up at Least 2x per Week for Sch Days (I'm Not Even asking her to get up at 5am, But 6am ....)
I've totally Given up on her in tis Aspect .... :sad: :sad:

Yeah, Looks Like a Lot of New Rules and Conditions R Going to be imposed by the Indonesian Govt, from Next Month onwards.
Like Higher Agency Fees, Probably Maid Replacement Fees too ....

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peapot » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Oh yes! So what's your plan? Seriously if my maid is like yours I won't hesitate to change.

With the fasting month, you need to remember they will also need another half month for hari raya celebration. Not many maids will want to go overseas during this period. You will have lesser bio data to choose from. More bio-data means higher chance of getting a better maid?? As the months get closer to year end, maybe the maids might as well wait till next year for the weekly day off to start? Sigh! This is what the agent told me.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funx3 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 pm

peapot wrote:Oh yes! So what's your plan? Seriously if my maid is like yours I won't hesitate to change.

With the fasting month, you need to remember they will also need another half month for hari raya celebration. Not many maids will want to go overseas during this period. You will have lesser bio data to choose from. More bio-data means higher chance of getting a better maid?? As the months get closer to year end, maybe the maids might as well wait till next year for the weekly day off to start? Sigh! This is what the agent told me.

I've Not Decided yet.
Have Consider Going Maid-less if Really Need to .... Till we Find Someone Suitable.
And Tis Time, I'm Not Going to Be Chin-Chye, Will Highlight Clearly specifically on Handphone, Waking up on time (Never Thought Tis is a Problem Till Tis Maid Comes along! :roll: ), etc ....

We don't Really Mind the Weekly Day Off, if the Maid Works Well During the Week ....

But Actually More Concern of the Agent Palming Off Unsuitable Maid on us, and Play the Merry-Go-Round Games With Us Employers, While Collecting the Transfer-After-Transfer Fees ....

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peapot » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Wa! You superwoman or what! Did I remember correctly you do gardening, your Hse not exactly small and you are also working??! Now your plan B is going maidless?

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby POA Teacher » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Funx3 wrote: cakes.

Yeah, Looks Like a Lot of New Rules and Conditions R Going to be imposed by the Indonesian Govt, from Next Month onwards.
Like Higher Agency Fees, Probably Maid Replacement Fees too ....

The Indo govt has got nothing to do with the higher agency fees, replacement fees. It's the AGENTS here that are proposing to increase the agency fees.

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby linayh » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:29 am

hi peapot...i will change the maid now...since u hv decided to change the maid...why wait?

linayh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help