Where would your Maid go during off day?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Where would your Maid go during off day?

Postby Shiroi Ryuu » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:26 pm

To all employers,

I always have this doubt in mind, during the off days of the maids, do you really have a clear mind of where are they and what they are doing out there??

Because its not really nice to see them gather as one whole gang and seat down at somewhere wasting their time & money away.

Shiroi Ryuu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Where would your Maid go during off day?

Postby tankee » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:54 pm

To meet up with friends and perhaps relative, to chit chat is a waste of time? :?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby 711mum » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:01 pm

My understanding is Church service in the morning and meeting up with sisters and friend for the rest of day.

711mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby nms1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:20 am

Mine generally goes and meets up with her friends and relatives in town somewhere - she only goes to Lucky Plaza to send money then they will go elsewhere to catch up. She will come back to Toa Payoh to do her shopping and she says it's cheaper.

She sometimes visits her previous employer as well. She did a computer course with HOME earlier this year but she doesn't have any spare money to do the next course yet.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Funz » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:12 pm

So far from our conversations, I gather she will meet with her cousin and some friends. Sometimes they will go shopping other times to east coast cycling & picnics or some other FOC attractions.

At the beginning, I do wonder and worry that she will be doing funny stuff but after so many years, she has proven to be reliable and grounded so I don't worry much anymore.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby 711mum » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Funz wrote:
At the beginning, I do wonder and worry that she will be doing funny stuff but after so many years, she has proven to be reliable and grounded so I don't worry much anymore.

Mine too but still keeping my fingers crossed :xedfingers: :xedfingers: :xedfingers:

711mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Karl12 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Do you have any curfew for the maid?
What time do they have to reach home?
Mine is 8pm which i think its not too bad, but she is always later than 8pm.

Karl12
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby peterch » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:19 pm

I know there are maids who do free enrichment class on Sunday(their off day), and after their contract finished, they could change work as office junior staff :D

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jtoh » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:57 am

peterch wrote:I know there are maids who do free enrichment class on Sunday(their off day), and after their contract finished, they could change work as office junior staff :D

In Singapore? I thought it's difficult for FDWs to be re-employed in Singapore in other positions.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby peapot » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:20 am

Jtoh, it's possible. They can come back working in other industry as long as they have the relevant qualifications. For this, the philp maid are good at it.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Domestic Help