Reasons to ask your maid to leave

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Reasons to ask your maid to leave

Postby panickymum » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Planning to ask my maid to leave ?
What are the reasons that you all usually says ? I'm afraid that she may mess up my household , how long must I pm her ?

Thanks for the help

panickymum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Reasons to ask your maid to leave

Postby POA Teacher » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 pm

Sorry, but I don't see how anyone here could know better than you what the reasons are.

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Minstral » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Exactly. If you can't find reasons to ask her to leave, perhaps the problem lies with yourself, or you're just trying to find excuses to make her leave without taking responsibility.

Minstral
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MrsSeah » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:17 pm

I am one who will tell her frankly of why I asked her to leave and will also tell her, her good point too.

I told her that I am frank to her so that she can change and be better in other family.

I wouldn't PM her until the last day I asked her to pack because I am worry that she will do something harmful to my family member due to anger.

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lowfatlatte » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:19 pm

I asked my current helper of coming 1 year to find new employment. I have given our working relationship too many chances even though i knew within the 1st 3 months it wasn't going to work. I have gotten angry so often that each time i talk to her will be a scolding. She is honest. She is a decent house cleaner. I am a single mom who needs someone who just cook and clean. My kids are big and i need decent food on the table everyday. I work 7am - 8pm on most days. She finally saw that we are not a good match. The agent helped to convince her.

If she decides to steal anything, it's really ok with me. Its a small loss to me but the retribution for her will be greater. We are both catholics, she understands that God will fight all my battles. I work from the religious angle. :rotflmao:

I realise that communication is the key. If you are logical and upfront about the reasons, there should not be bad feelings residing.

lowfatlatte
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MrsSeah » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:22 pm

lowfatlatte wrote:I realise that communication is the key. If you are logical and upfront about the reasons, there should not be bad feelings residing.

Sorry I don't agreed to this. Some people are just extremely petty!!!

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lowfatlatte » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:03 am

MrsSeah wrote: Sorry I don't agreed to this. Some people are just extremely petty!!!

I agree. Not everyone takes situation into context. I guess I am blessed to have the wisdom to take enough time to explain it to my current helper (total of 3-4 months of "talking")...I also could not let her go until the school holidays when i have the time to get a new one and train her.
Last edited by lowfatlatte on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lowfatlatte
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby janet88 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:56 pm

I never give my maid advance notice if I want to send her off...or else I fear for my life or kids at night. I will arrange with maid agency and the pick-up service to pick her from my home 3 hours before departure...30 min before pickup arrives, I will inform maid to pack up. If i have to do this, it's bcos the maid has driven me up the wall.

I send maids off bcos they are stubborn, refuse to learn or rude.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peapot » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:24 pm

That's true. If I m rude, my boss will call it insubordination. If I can't perform at work, he will probably ask me to leave maybe after given 1 or 2 chance. If I cannot meet my KPI, I will have no bonus. Increment of every year depends on individual performance too. Performance is good, increment maximum 5%, if no good then 1%.

So is it possible to use the same type of measures on our maid?

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby NY1969 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:31 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:I never give my maid advance notice if I want to send her off...or else I fear for my life or kids at night. I will arrange with maid agency and the pick-up service to pick her from my home 3 hours before departure...30 min before pickup arrives, I will inform maid to pack up. If i have to do this, it's bcos the maid has driven me up the wall.

I send maids off bcos they are stubborn, refuse to learn or rude.

I tried that once on my maid. Very efficient. Maid agent came, maid pack up in 15 mins without knowing wat happen, the next thing she is gone! Short n sharp. No explanation needed. Only thing is that don't look at her face, cos maid usually cry and that's where will affect emotionally.

NY1969
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help