How to direct hire my ex-maid from Filipino?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

How to direct hire my ex-maid from Filipino?

Postby Ontheballmother » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi - my ex-maid from Filipino wanted to come back and we intend to hire her. My agency charged me the same fee and I still have to bare her loan of 3.2k if I go thru agency. Can some one advice me how to direct her if I do not want to go thru agency? :thankyou:

Ontheballmother
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: How to direct hire my ex-maid from Filipino?

Postby Precious2.lee » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:53 am

I engaged Hart Consultancy @ Lucky Plaza. Applied work permit and purchased insurance on my own. Total cost about $1820.

More details here:

http://getbrainy.wordpress.com/2011/06/ ... singapore/

Precious2.lee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Ontheballmother » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:41 am

Precious2.lee wrote:I engaged Hart Consultancy @ Lucky Plaza. Applied work permit and purchased insurance on my own. Total cost about $1820.

More details here:

Thank you. So we still need to go thru an agency.

Ontheballmother
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Precious2.lee » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:55 am

Yes, still need to go through agency due to complexity of documentation in Manila. I checked with Philippines embassy and there's no way employers can do on our own. :(

I checked with almost 10 agencies and Hart is the cheapest. So far, good experience with them. Even when my maid needs to go home, I go to them for home leave application and they only charge $15.

Precious2.lee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby justbehappy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Ontheballmother wrote:
Precious2.lee wrote:I engaged Hart Consultancy @ Lucky Plaza. Applied work permit and purchased insurance on my own. Total cost about $1820.

More details here:

Thank you. So we still need to go thru an agency.

I remember a friend did it on her own (her relative's Filipino maid's contract was ending soon, and she took over), without paying exorbitant fees to maid agencies. I suggest you check with MOM, or any maid agency that you know well.

justbehappy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Precious2.lee » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:11 pm

If the maid is still in Singapore and it's only a matter of employer, the process is straight forward and we can DIY on our own. However if the maid is back in Philippines, that's where the complexity starts. The other time when I checked with MOM, the officer direct me to Philippines Embassy to check on the requirement pertaining to Philippines side. That's where I know only Philippines embassy authorised agent is able to process OWWA etc.. This was about almost a year so you may want to confirm if there's any easier way out but I doubt so. :(

Precious2.lee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Ontheballmother » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Precious2.lee wrote:If the maid is still in Singapore and it's only a matter of employer, the process is straight forward and we can DIY on our own. However if the maid is back in Philippines, that's where the complexity starts. The other time when I checked with MOM, the officer direct me to Philippines Embassy to check on the requirement pertaining to Philippines side. That's where I know only Philippines embassy authorised agent is able to process OWWA etc.. This was about almost a year so you may want to confirm if there's any easier way out but I doubt so. :(

:thankyou:

Ontheballmother
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mistral77 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:54 am

seem not possible to direct hire nowadays
have to go thr' agency
agency earn for little work done
just need to look for agency that charge the cheapest

mistral77
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby JJ1111 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:16 am

Try to call philipine embassy. (need a bit of patience, not easy to go through). I called before to direct hire my friend ex-maid 3 years ago. That time they told me if the maid is my ex-maid, process is easier, can go to Singapore philipine embassy to do some document. But if "new" maid (eg. friend's ex-maid) must go through the agency.

Not sure the ruling got change now or not.

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Simplify » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:11 am

Hi

Did you successfully hired you FDW on your own?

I am also doing it on my own, and is in the middle of it. The application process on SIN side is straight forward but am still exploring the application on the Philippine side on getting the Oversea Employment certificate for my maid.

Have you any idea? or anyone who have direct hire before?

Simplify
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Domestic Help