Water filter or purifier system

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Water filter or purifier system

Postby Ljas1370 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi

Does anyone use a water filter or water purification system at home. I was told that if your house is more than 15 years old, is better to install one for the safety of the children as the water coming from the rusty pipe is dirty. Can share which brand you use and how effective it is. Tks

Ljas1370
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 2:00 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Water filter or purifier system

Postby caringtan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Ljas1370 wrote:Hi

Does anyone use a water filter or water purification system at home. I was told that if your house is more than 15 years old, is better to install one for the safety of the children as the water coming from the rusty pipe is dirty. Can share which brand you use and how effective it is. Tks


Hi,

I have been using a model call "Aquaphor" for more than 3 years. I never need to boil water anymore except when i need hot water' it is simple and easy with direct connection to the water tap. My children drink more water than before. It only costs me about three hundred plus unlike others cossting more than thousand plus.

caringtan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:55 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby UmmuMuadz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Mine is elken brand and yes it cost thousand plus but MIL paid for it :D
as she was so convinced with the demo..

It has a hot water and warm water dispenser. So no need to boil water anymore...

So far so good and it definitely taste better than the tap water. :lol:

UmmuMuadz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby caringtan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:29 pm

UmmuMuadz wrote:Mine is elken brand and yes it cost thousand plus but MIL paid for it :D
as she was so convinced with the demo..

It has a hot water and warm water dispenser. So no need to boil water anymore...

So far so good and it definitely taste better than the tap water. :lol:


I have used RO water from natural sunshine before I change to current model, i found it is wasting water because half of the water have to drain off.
And I read from somewhere that it is no good to consume RO water for long term. New water is a RO water too.

caringtan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:55 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby UmmuMuadz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:39 pm

caringtan wrote:
UmmuMuadz wrote:Mine is elken brand and yes it cost thousand plus but MIL paid for it :D
as she was so convinced with the demo..

It has a hot water and warm water dispenser. So no need to boil water anymore...

So far so good and it definitely taste better than the tap water. :lol:


I have used RO water from natural sunshine before I change to current model, i found it is wasting water because half of the water have to drain off.
And I read from somewhere that it is no good to consume RO water for long term. New water is a RO water too.


Sorry, I abit blurr.. what does RO stands for?? :?

The elken one at home also drains off a lot of water. But we collect the water and use it for washing, laundrey, etc.. so not realy wasting in that sense..

UmmuMuadz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:03 am
Total Likes: 0



Postby heutistmeintag » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:19 am

I am using Novita, about $160+- from Best Denki. Caveat, initially have to run water through filter, dump the water and repeat for about at least 5 times over 1-2 weeks before the smell (from the filter) clears away.

heutistmeintag
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:30 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby yendirna » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:18 am

I have been drinking tap water for more than 20 yrs. My dad did it first. He is now 79 and still healthy. I drink about 1.5 to 2 litres a day.

yendirna
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:16 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby EstherTan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:27 am

I'm not sure about the 15 year old flat part...

But I stay in a new flat, and have a small water filter installed on the tap (Osim, cost about $100++). The filter needs to be changed every 9 - 10 months. The last time the filter got changed, it was almost completely clogged up and had brown grime. Not sure where that comes from!

EstherTan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Yong HL » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:55 am

Hi all

glad to see this thread.. i am also using osim for my kitchen sink tap. I still boiled the filtered water before drinking... kiasee huh... :)

anyone using bathroom filter? I am currently using hyflux & its time for replacement. Anyone recommedation for other brands? appreciate advise, thanks..

Yong HL
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:18 pm
Total Likes: 1


Postby joconde » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:06 am

EstherTan wrote:I'm not sure about the 15 year old flat part...

But I stay in a new flat, and have a small water filter installed on the tap (Osim, cost about $100++). The filter needs to be changed every 9 - 10 months. The last time the filter got changed, it was almost completely clogged up and had brown grime. Not sure where that comes from!


I'm also using osim. From what i understand we're suppose to change filter every 4 mth no matter how much the usage is. Maybe tat's why urs look so dirty after 9 mth !! :D

By the way, mine is old model which comes with an indicator telling you when to change the filter. Too bad the indicator is now spoilt. So i just write the date on the filter and remind myself to change after 3-4 mths.

joconde
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Domestic Help