Travel to Indonesia with Indo Maid

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Travel to Indonesia with Indo Maid

Postby Tanhuienmom » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 am

I m planning to take a week of family holiday in Indonesia, need to bring my indo maid along. does she need a permit letter or KTKLN card?

Tanhuienmom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Travel to Indonesia with Indo Maid

Postby straffan23 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:32 pm

So many page-views but none no answers? Perhaps we are all afraid to give wrong advice... but here goes...

When the Indo FDW travels with their employers, they are first class citizens of Indonesia, and they can go in and out without any problem. When they travel by themselves, however (e.g. home leave); they will be subjected to additional rules and regulations such as KTKLN etc.

Disclaimer. Information based on experience. Poster takes no responsibility whatsoever for anything gone wary.

straffan23
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Travel to Indonesia with Indo Maid

Postby heysugarbug » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi, I brought my helper on a family trip to Jakarta in 2010 and we got our agency to settle the paperwork on her passport for us. Remember to get your helper to bring her KTKLN card. We experienced a slight problem at Indonesian immigration though when we were returning to Singapore, which took about 10 minutes to settle. Could have been the immigration officer trying to be difficult that's all. Otherwise, everything was in order.

heysugarbug
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Bringing indo maid for bin tan trip

Postby anlynn » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:00 am

Hello,

Has anyone brought your indo maid to bin tan before?

What paperwork is required for your indo helper? Thanks in advance for your advice!

anlynn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Domestic Help