Feedback on Nation Maid Agency

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Postby mistral77 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Anyone has any experience in using Nation Maid Agency?
Any feedback, good or bad, is welcome.
http://www.nation.com.sg/ContactUs.aspx

thanks!

mistral77
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Feedback on Nation Maid Agency

Postby bbsin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:46 am

Hi

I have not used them before, but if you google for review, you will be able to find a lot.

Outcome of review I had read not good..

bbsin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby CarrotTree » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:50 pm

I just called this agency last week to find out the cost of employing a maid.
I was told that the agency fee is $1200 plus and upon arrival of the Indo maid, I still have to pay another $2000 plus for her loan. Before the maid starts work, I have to commit to about $4000 to $5K. Why is this agency not following the new ruling whereby monthly loan is paid to a bank? No free replacement but if I want a replacement then have to top up another $600 to $800/-.
Is this the current practice.
How can I be assured that the helper will not give trouble since I have already committed to $4000 to $5K upfront

CarrotTree
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby lemongrass78 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Before I paid the agency fees of 1k+ for a new indo maid, the agency mentioned that the loan is 2k+... but after we paid all the agency fees and insurance, the agency called and said the maid loan is $3400 (deduct the maid salary for 7 months+), no free replacement too... so obviously the agency are not following the new ruling...and we need to pay at least 5k before the maid start working...

Worst still, we had been waiting for 3 months and the maid not yet arrived... Reason the maid document not yet approved...

Btw, the agency is not Nation Maid, but another big operator... Not sure if I should just ask a refund from them or file a complaint or just wait and wait for the maid to come?

lemongrass78
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mistral77 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:21 am

Called up this agency call Amazing. The lady did not really understand what I need. Really amazing!

mistral77
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Pure Purple » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:13 am

I used Nation before. Service was reasonable. No issue with the agency.

My helper was fresh from the Philliphines. Very capable and hardworking. She completed her two years with us but we had some troubles towards the later part associated with her days out. But I think these are beyond the agency.

Pure Purple
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Domestic Help