Transfer of Maid

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Transfer of Maid

Postby Sweet Joy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 pm

I just heard about new regulations about the transfer of maids ... no more free replacement. So does that mean if the contract that I have with the maid agency(signed in Dec 2011) that promised free replacement would be void? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Sweet Joy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Transfer of Maid

Postby sad citizen » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:06 am

Sweet Joy wrote:I just heard about new regulations about the transfer of maids ... no more free replacement. So does that mean if the contract that I have with the maid agency(signed in Dec 2011) that promised free replacement would be void? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

My understanding of agency's free replacement is valid for 12 months. After that, there's an admin cost, some equiv to paying new agt fee.

Transfer maids can come fast but depends on availability. If your agt claimed nobody available, what can you do? Wait and wait. If available, he may has forgotten you or new employers can pay them fat agency fee so why they have to put you at 1st place?

Actually, if agency offers free or unlimited replacement, I don't think it is great because most replacement takes time to come in. Can you wait 1 to 2 months for fresh maid? If agency claimed, passport lost or fresh FDW you've selected last time decided not to fly out, you can wait another 1 month? By taking unlimited replacement agt, you still need to pay new FDW's insurance, SIP fee, admin fee, re-do your training, etc ..... still employers at losing end.

To get replacement as per your schedule, some employers rather find other agencies.

Personally, I rather go for small agencies that don't try to charge high agency fees. My budget is set around $500. What's the point of paying them almost or above $1000 when service is not there or the maid supplied not as per my requirements, especially those who die-die must hold their mobiles? Bear in mind, agencies have nothing to lose, they are always on the winning hand once you've chosen them.

sad citizen
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Domestic Help