agency fee is $1200 and maid's loan is 8 months??

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

agency fee is $1200 and maid's loan is 8 months??

Postby lemonade » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi all, m looking for a transfer, first m told indon maid agency fees is $1200 plus I need to pay their loan of up to 8 maths.....what a total rip off! Is this the norm now, I tot the loan shd be less? What is happening, we are jus pathetic,n pay is also more n the girls are not serious? Wow, I have a helper of six myths and requesting to transfer....cos she SD she does not like to gut the fish....dh goes fishing and catches fish 2x a week, w, sorry digressed a little err the fees are jus so exorbitant...what is crazily happening...aaagh, tks fr reading

lemonade
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: agency fee is $1200 and maid's loan is 8 months??

Postby pokomummy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:02 am

eh... I thought now, Indo maid must take bank loan... how come you still need to pay upfront her loan, if need to pay upfront her loan, then agency fee shouldn't be soooo high! Greedy Agency! :mad:

pokomummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MMM » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 am

Yes. Indo maid agency fees are so high these days.

For loan, I went to javamaids and the loan is upfront 3 months only. They said this is the new practise but some agency are still going for 8 months....

For those with 8 months loan, it really seems exorbitant as the upfront cash that 'er has to foot is $4.8k. For those using PD cheques, you probably need to top up another $150? more.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Pure Purple » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Avoid these agencies if possible? 8 months is terrible, rather inhuman.

Think Abssist is having a $0 agency fee promotion for indonesian maids
http://singapore.gumtree.sg/c-Jobs-nann ... Z430231264

I don't know about the loan period though.

Pure Purple
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby nms1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 pm

lemonade wrote:Hi all, m looking for a transfer, first m told indon maid agency fees is $1200 plus I need to pay their loan of up to 8 maths.....what a total rip off! Is this the norm now, I tot the loan shd be less? What is happening, we are jus pathetic,n pay is also more n the girls are not serious? Wow, I have a helper of six myths and requesting to transfer....cos she SD she does not like to gut the fish....dh goes fishing and catches fish 2x a week, w, sorry digressed a little err the fees are jus so exorbitant...what is crazily happening...aaagh, tks fr reading

I would suggest that you tell your husband to gut his own fish and persuade her to stay ;-)

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby POA Teacher » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:42 pm

MMM wrote:Yes. Indo maid agency fees are so high these days.

For loan, I went to javamaids and the loan is upfront 3 months only. They said this is the new practise but some agency are still going for 8 months....

For those with 8 months loan, it really seems exorbitant as the upfront cash that 'er has to foot is $4.8k. For those using PD cheques, you probably need to top up another $150? more.

The new practice, officially, is that the loan is between the maid and the Indon bank. Nothing to do with the employer.

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby lemonade » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:39 pm

hi all,tks for your replies, I've tot of persuading the maid, but there are other issues,I just feel that maids are playing the field , exchanging notes and looking fr other easier jobs, and I have to retrain again,
( she is far from my reasonable exptn, n I gave her a long time to pick up, and lowered my expectn, till I just became numb...bo chap, as long as she does laundry and cleaning and some cookin...) Its reaaly painful to pay for expensive ridiculous fees, however, its not worth my keeping her either, haiz,

lemonade
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Hiaweh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm

lemonade wrote:hi all,tks for your replies, I've tot of persuading the maid, but there are other issues,I just feel that maids are playing the field , exchanging notes and looking fr other easier jobs, and I have to retrain again,
( she is far from my reasonable exptn, n I gave her a long time to pick up, and lowered my expectn, till I just became numb...bo chap, as long as she does laundry and cleaning and some cookin...) Its reaaly painful to pay for expensive ridiculous fees, however, its not worth my keeping her either, haiz,

Even if she transfer, she still have to pay the agency another 2 months of salary. See if this can deter her.

Hiaweh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mgnvr » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:48 pm

My current helper's contract is expiring soon. What is the current agency fee and maid salary? TIA.

mgnvr
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby peapot » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 am

Hiaweh, now agency are not allowed to top up 2 months loans on maid. Don't u know?? The rules have change! If the maid report to embassy the agency will be barred from employing Indonesian maids.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Domestic Help