Urgent- is maid insurance refundable?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Urgent- is maid insurance refundable?

Postby anusha9504 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi I'm dealing with a slippery agent n need to double check. I paid maid insurance of $321. Transferred maid out after 5 weeks. Supposed to confirm replacement today. I hvnt received any insurance refund n the agent wants me to pay $321 again. Isn't the insurance supposed to be prorated n refunded?

anusha9504
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Urgent- is maid insurance refundable?

Postby Hiaweh » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Which underwriter r they using?

Hiaweh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ruohoo97 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:19 pm

anusha9504 wrote:Hi I'm dealing with a slippery agent n need to double check. I paid maid insurance of $321. Transferred maid out after 5 weeks. Supposed to confirm replacement today. I hvnt received any insurance refund n the agent wants me to pay $321 again. Isn't the insurance supposed to be prorated n refunded?

Yes, you should get partially refund for the first maid. but it takes some time. You will have to pay for insurance again for the new maid.

ruohoo97
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby lck » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Yes.. Confirmed refundable !! If try trying to be funny and drag the payment, u may go direct to MOM. Btw which maid agency ? Recently I encountered 1x screw agency and I was so angry and told them that we will proceed to small claims court and mom. Immediately within few dad the cheque ready for collection .

lck
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Ontheballmother » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:43 pm

ruohoo97 wrote:
anusha9504 wrote:Hi I'm dealing with a slippery agent n need to double check. I paid maid insurance of $321. Transferred maid out after 5 weeks. Supposed to confirm replacement today. I hvnt received any insurance refund n the agent wants me to pay $321 again. Isn't the insurance supposed to be prorated n refunded?

Yes, you should get partially refund for the first maid. but it takes some time. You will have to pay for insurance again for the new maid.

It's definitely refundable. The calculation is based on prorated.

Ontheballmother
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:51 pm

It is refunable on a prorated basis but because it takes time, the agent normally requires you to TOP-UP the difference to make up to $321 for the new maid. I had done it approximately 4 times, 2 different agents. No need to fork out the full amount again due to the forthcoming credit.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AE Soh » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Insurance company proposal form will usually state the refund % within certain time frame.
However I suggest you look at the service or any agreement which the agency may state there are no refund for maid insurance due to promotion or special package deal.

AE Soh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Lucianna » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Not all maid agency will refund u the money. Always check before u confirm taking ur maid.

Normally I do not want the maid agency to handle my insurance or bond. I always engage my insurance agent to settle but is quite troublesome. I hv been doing it for the past few years. If ur maid agency insisted u to let them handle the insurance, please make sure is refundable if not u can forget it, coz it's telling me that they are doing monkey biz. To make u return the maid and they can earn fm there.

Lucianna
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Dreamgear » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:02 pm

I dont know if i remember correctly, but your insurance seems to be on the high side...

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Lucianna » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am

yes high, but i can get the refund (pro-rate).

Lucianna
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Domestic Help