Blacklist Irresponsible Maids

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Blacklist Irresponsible Maids

Postby kbgoh13 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:07 am

I have just recently sent back my Indonesia Maid, Ms. Siti Nurjanah whom have been working with us for more than a year.

I have written to MOM to request for her to be blacklisted so that other employers will not have to go thru what we have gone thru.

Siti has been working in Singapore for 7 yrs and was able to cook and do housework without much teaching.

Due to her capability, we trusted her and treated her as part of our family member. She requested for 2 Offdays instead of 1 Offday (based on her contract). We gave it to her as she claim that she wants to learn needlework.

We were shocked after 2 months of working with us. Below are some of the things that she did from time to time:
1) We lost cash from time to time
2) One morning, Siti was missing from her bed at 5.30am when we wake up...and my husband has to go and look for her...
3) A few mornings, my son came back from NS Camp and found that she was not at home.... (The reason for having a maid was to take care of my elderly father-in-law whom is a partial stroke patient).
4) We discover later that she did not go for any Needlework Class... instead she went dating... and sleeping around with Bangladesh Boyfriends (we found contraceptive pills, pregnancy test kits & match stick in the toilet!!)
5) She has been spending lots of time on her mobile phone and neglected her duties...
6) Our home groceries items seems to be moving faster that normal...
7) My new lingeries, costume jewelleries all seems to be missing for weeks before it appears again

We began to monitor her more closely and was even more shocked when our neighbour told us that her Bangladesh Boyfriend came to our house and there was 1 occassion they even quarrel and my neighbour have to chase the guy away...

No wonder our water bill seems to go up so much as we discover that they use our bathtub...

When we look into her sms in her mobile phone, we were shocked.... She will provide extra service and the guys will have to bring her money or Mobile phone top up card.... No wonder she is so busy on her mobile...

My concern was if next year we have to give maids 4 Off days, what will become of our maids?.

I have been employing maids for more that 10 yrs already and these recent years, we have 3 maids all did similar things as Siti (stole cash, sleeping around with Bangladesh Boyfriends, bringing them to our place...).

I did not think of Blacklisting them as I thought it may not happen again but it did and worst still, I can see my previous maids having facebook and they are in Singapore again!!.

How many more employers will have to go thru what I went thru... That is the reason why I decided that we should try to blacklist them and prevent them from coming again.

MOM have replied to be already that they will Blacklist Siti for any future employment but they will not be able to stop her coming to Singapore under social visit...

kbgoh13
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Blacklist Irresponsible Maids

Postby AdonciaTang » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Thanks for your info. I am very worried about maids that create such problems. I donno what will become of them too when they have 4 days off from next year onwards. Very unreliable. sigh

AdonciaTang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Mychildren » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Are you sure maids can have 4 days leave? You must be joking. Not as what I know of this new rule???
Mychildren
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby POA Teacher » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Mychildren wrote:Are you sure maids can have 4 days leave? You must be joking. Not as what I know of this new rule???

W.e.f. 1/1/13, all new maids and all maids renewing contracts will be entitled to one day off per week. That would come to 4 days per month, some months would be 5 days.

This is old news

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby AdonciaTang » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:13 am

Mychildren wrote:Are you sure maids can have 4 days leave? You must be joking. Not as what I know of this new rule???

You can check MOM website, i think its there?

AdonciaTang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby manmanman » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:02 am

You guys are very lucky already. In Hong Kong, helpers enjoy one day off for every six days of work, plus all the statutory holidays. If the helper gets pregnant, we need to pay her 10 weeks of maternity leave and cannot terminate the contract!!!

manmanman
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby POA Teacher » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:37 pm

manmanman wrote:You guys are very lucky already. In Hong Kong, helpers enjoy one day off for every six days of work, plus all the statutory holidays. If the helper gets pregnant, we need to pay her 10 weeks of maternity leave and cannot terminate the contract!!!

Here it's not a question of whether the employer can terminate or not, or wants to terminate or not. It's not a matter of employer vs the maid.
Here the employer must cancel her Work Permit and send her home.

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby tanya » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:28 pm

kbgoh13 wrote:I have just recently sent back my Indonesia Maid, Ms. Siti Nurjanah whom have been working with us for more than a year.

I have written to MOM to request for her to be blacklisted so that other employers will not have to go thru what we have gone thru.

Siti has been working in Singapore for 7 yrs and was able to cook and do housework without much teaching.

Due to her capability, we trusted her and treated her as part of our family member. She requested for 2 Offdays instead of 1 Offday (based on her contract). We gave it to her as she claim that she wants to learn needlework.

We were shocked after 2 months of working with us. Below are some of the things that she did from time to time:
1) We lost cash from time to time
2) One morning, Siti was missing from her bed at 5.30am when we wake up...and my husband has to go and look for her...
3) A few mornings, my son came back from NS Camp and found that she was not at home.... (The reason for having a maid was to take care of my elderly father-in-law whom is a partial stroke patient).
4) We discover later that she did not go for any Needlework Class... instead she went dating... and sleeping around with Bangladesh Boyfriends (we found contraceptive pills, pregnancy test kits & match stick in the toilet!!)
5) She has been spending lots of time on her mobile phone and neglected her duties...
6) Our home groceries items seems to be moving faster that normal...
7) My new lingeries, costume jewelleries all seems to be missing for weeks before it appears again

We began to monitor her more closely and was even more shocked when our neighbour told us that her Bangladesh Boyfriend came to our house and there was 1 occassion they even quarrel and my neighbour have to chase the guy away...

No wonder our water bill seems to go up so much as we discover that they use our bathtub...

When we look into her sms in her mobile phone, we were shocked.... She will provide extra service and the guys will have to bring her money or Mobile phone top up card.... No wonder she is so busy on her mobile...

My concern was if next year we have to give maids 4 Off days, what will become of our maids?.

I have been employing maids for more that 10 yrs already and these recent years, we have 3 maids all did similar things as Siti (stole cash, sleeping around with Bangladesh Boyfriends, bringing them to our place...).

I did not think of Blacklisting them as I thought it may not happen again but it did and worst still, I can see my previous maids having facebook and they are in Singapore again!!.

How many more employers will have to go thru what I went thru... That is the reason why I decided that we should try to blacklist them and prevent them from coming again.

MOM have replied to be already that they will Blacklist Siti for any future employment but they will not be able to stop her coming to Singapore under social visit...

Was she born in 1975?

tanya
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tanya » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:31 pm

manmanman wrote:You guys are very lucky already. In Hong Kong, helpers enjoy one day off for every six days of work, plus all the statutory holidays. If the helper gets pregnant, we need to pay her 10 weeks of maternity leave and cannot terminate the contract!!!

wow, thats ridiculous! Do they need to hire confinement nanny and take care of her newborn baby? And employer has to buy tonic for her?

tanya
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Linlin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:32 am

My aunt maid which they have sent back also like this. Her name is Tina from Indonesia, she got 3 hand phone and her role is to look after my aunt mil but this maid early in the morning will ask her banga bf come my aunt hse then they have sex either at living room or the staircase at the block. When my aunt first caught the maid given her chance to think coz she already trained to cook plus she understand hainanese words. So she given her 2 chances but none did she cherish. My aunt did blacklist her coz she scare later she can't get new maid. But later.. Her new maid now also follow Tina foot step.. Really headache!

Linlin
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help