Bringing indonesianmaid to Australia for holiday

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Bringing indonesianmaid to Australia for holiday

Postby Seunggi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi

Has anyone brought their maid (particularly Indonesian) to Aust together with the family for holiday?

I plan to bring my maid with us and I read on the Aust embassy Singapore website that its possible to apply such visa. Does anyone have experience with this as it says the maid has to apply personally. My only fear is that she can't speak English so she may not understand certain things there at the embassy. Also wondering if anyone's maid got stopped n questioned at the immigration in Aust?

Any advice is appreciated!

Seunggi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Bringing indonesianmaid to Australia for holiday

Postby aaaaaa » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Seunggi wrote:Hi

Has anyone brought their maid (particularly Indonesian) to Aust together with the family for holiday?

I plan to bring my maid with us and I read on the Aust embassy Singapore website that its possible to apply such visa. Does anyone have experience with this as it says the maid has to apply personally. My only fear is that she can't speak English so she may not understand certain things there at the embassy. Also wondering if anyone's maid got stopped n questioned at the immigration in Aust?

I brought my filippino maid to Australia in last march. Yes, she has to apply the visa at the embassy and a stack of papers to be completed. It's a tedious process and they are very strict with it. However, I have gotten it approved as she has worked for us for more than 5 years and I needed to have her to take care of my infant during the trip.

aaaaaa
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Bringing indonesianmaid to Australia for holiday

Postby Seunggi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:43 pm

aaaaaa wrote:
Seunggi wrote:Hi

I brought my filippino maid to Australia in last march. Yes, she has to apply the visa at the embassy and a stack of papers to be completed. It's a tedious process and they are very strict with it. However, I have gotten it approved as she has worked for us for more than 5 years and I needed to have her to take care of my infant during the trip.

Hi, thanks for the reply! how long did it take for you to get the approval?

Seunggi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Domestic Help