How Much is the agent fee now? $2000++??

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

How Much is the agent fee now? $2000++??

Postby Mephiro » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:06 am

I wonder how much is the agent fee to hire a maid in SG now?

My previous agent (at orchard road) told me it is around $2400 for Philipino maids and around $1900 for Indo maids respectively, and everywhere in SG is the same rate now.

I thought it was used to be around $300~$800 range?

How come agent fee can anyhow increase more than 3~5 times just like that?
Is this official guideline set by Govt? Why MOM does not do anything about it? :mad:

Anyone please enlighten me? :scratchhead:

Mephiro
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: How Much is the agent fee now? $2000++??

Postby Mephiro » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 am

Hi all,
Care to share how much is your agent fee to employ a maid? :)

Mephiro
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:38 am

I hired my new maid last July. I paid $588? For transfer maid. I think the $2k+ is agent fee plus upfront salary for the maid. Eg. 4 months salary and you do a salary deduction. That was what i was told last year.

I prefer a transfer maid or maids who are already in Spore.

Transfer maids - not all transfer maids are bad. Some they just not suitable with for that particular family. My last transfer maid worked for me for almost 3 years. She was transferred because her expat employer did not require domestic help anymore. My current is a transfer maid too and already worked with me for more than half a year. She was transferred after renewing her first contract. Due to some relationship problems with the employer's children, she hoped to find a new working environment.

Maids already in Spore - some ex Singapore maids who have worked here before, they save money by buying airticket themselves, come here, get interviewed. These maids usually have 2 weeks to get an employer. The agencies do not charge them 4 or 6 months salary. I heard they were charged around one to two months salary.

For the above type of maids, I usually pay between $488 and $688. They have free replacement though it varies from agent to agent.

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby oneheart » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:29 am

Agency fee is now exhorbitant. I had to pay 1000++ for Indon plus $600 transfer if I want to transfer the maid. According to the agency this is due to the requirement by indon recruiter side. Best part was I still had to pay her loan....loan is lower now but they still stretch it to 8/9 months cos only part of the total salary is used to pay the loan eg based on my $450 maid salary, $280 is used to service loan and $170 plus daily rate for non off days will be paid to maid since Mth 1 or 2. This means maid will be "happier" cos they receive salary earlier compared to last time where they only get $10/$20 for no off days.

As of us the working woman of SG whom the govt wants to contribute to economy and bear children.....is still at the losing end.

But now since maid received $, I won't provide them with anything except for basic shower gel, shampoo & toothpaste. All other things they want for personal use eg sanitary pads will be from their salary.

oneheart
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Domestic Help