URGENT : Looking for transfer maid

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

URGENT : Looking for transfer maid

Postby miu0075 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:12 pm

My maid complaints that she do not wants to work with a house that got old folks, and ask to immediate back to agent. Now at home no maid, my mum alone at home when girls go to school. I am so worry, my mum is 60+ yrs old, still fit but no matter what old folk alone at home is at risk.

Anyone have maid to transfer, I am living at HDB 5 rooms, 2 adult, one grandma and 2 girls ( 12 and 14 yrs old).

HELP !!

miu0075
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: URGENT : Looking for transfer maid

Postby miu0075 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:23 am

help..!

miu0075
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby miu0075 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 am

Anyone have good recommedations, pls pm me..thanks

miu0075
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby nms1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:04 pm

I would suggest that you take a trip down to Far East Shopping Centre on Sunday and just do the rounds of the agencies. All the transfer maids will be there for interview and you will probably be able to find one in one day. You must expect to have to give all Sundays off. Avoid those agencies with a lot of expats as the maids there will expect higher salaries. ADP is one of those.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby miu0075 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 am

nms1 wrote:I would suggest that you take a trip down to Far East Shopping Centre on Sunday and just do the rounds of the agencies. All the transfer maids will be there for interview and you will probably be able to find one in one day. You must expect to have to give all Sundays off. Avoid those agencies with a lot of expats as the maids there will expect higher salaries. ADP is one of those.

Thanks for the advise, but needs further advise.
I still have balance 6 months loan with the previous maid, if changing maid agency, what happen to my loan ? Lost ??

miu0075
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby POA Teacher » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:47 am

miu0075 wrote:
nms1 wrote:I would suggest that you take a trip down to Far East Shopping Centre on Sunday and just do the rounds of the agencies. All the transfer maids will be there for interview and you will probably be able to find one in one day. You must expect to have to give all Sundays off. Avoid those agencies with a lot of expats as the maids there will expect higher salaries. ADP is one of those.

Thanks for the advise, but needs further advise.
I still have balance 6 months loan with the previous maid, if changing maid agency, what happen to my loan ? Lost ??

Refer to your contract with the agency, or ask the agency.

I think (but not 100% sure, cos of so many changes nowadays) that if you return the maid to the agent and give them a couple of weeks to transfer her to a new employer, you should be able to get the balance back.
But best is to refer to your contract with the agency, or ask them directly.

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Domestic Help