All About Life Without Maids

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

I am

Much happier without my maid
89%
Missing my maid
11%

Total votes: 478

Shek
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: All About Life Without Maids

Post by Shek » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:13 am

Now is the best time not to have any house helps since we are mostly at home. Best time to get organized and do things we always wanted to do like gardening.. :)

Dekora
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Dekora » Sat May 02, 2020 5:33 pm

But this is also the time, things get worn out and dirtier so frequently. The towels are my bane- how to get rid of musty smell? Especially when the kids perspires

MummyY
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by MummyY » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:54 pm

Somehow never having a helper makes my kids more independent... fighting to do housework..I hope this lasts 😂

EHT
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:2

Post by EHT » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Dekora wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:26 pm
I love my dibea- into my 2nd one and scooba mopping machine. And the handheld Samsung vacuum helps when there are on the spot cleaning I need to do. My issues come in the washing of clothes, bath towels, Hand towels, dish washing towels. There are just too many of them. Any one has suggestions on how to deal with these?
Get a good dehumidifier. Our place for drying clothes do not have enough sunshine. Every night, I will turn on my dehumidifier in the kitchen from 11pm to 6am the next. The electric usage for using dehumidifier daily compared to using dryer weekly is much lower and everything (clothes, utensils etc) will be dry by morning even the towels that are hanging in the common toilet. But for safety reason, switch off all electronics apart from refrigerator when you are using dehumidifier. This will prevent mildew from growing on kitchen walls or toilet walls. But remember to close the kitchen door when using.

mindscape
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by mindscape » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:38 pm

We had maid before when too much work needs to be attended to. But I am more okay without having one. I learn to become more responsible and learn to manage time.