sick confinement nanny

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

sick confinement nanny

Postby JazN » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:09 am

i hired a nanny through a cl agency. she was already having throat irritation & dry cough when arrived. day 2 brought her to poly clinic as her cough turns phelgmy. as malaysian total bill was $46.45.

spoke to agency & they mentioned she was fine on arrival, & if sick they'll inform the appointed employer if we're fine. but we told agency she confessed already having throat irritation b4 she arrives to start her task thus the agency was not refunding the poly clinic fee stating mom's regulation of employer paying for worker's medical bill. like this all can just take advantage of us bringing them to doc even if they don't disclose they're sick b4 arrival, right.

advice needed esp those who hired cl who fell sick.

tia :)

JazN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: sick confinement nanny

Postby Ribena48 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:01 am

I had one who come here a few days and then had cough and flu. She blamed that we buy her KFC for dinner and we told her off that if you know you don't feel well you should voice out and not to gobble up the meal. Send her home within the first week. My loss: her one-week salary, taxi fare from causeway to my house, medicine fee, non-refundable ang pow $50 that I paid her upon her arrival and taxi fare from my place to causeway.

Ribena48
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby JazN » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:38 pm

was urs through agency or self employed?

Ribena48 wrote:I had one who come here a few days and then had cough and flu. She blamed that we buy her KFC for dinner and we told her off that if you know you don't feel well you should voice out and not to gobble up the meal. Send her home within the first week. My loss: her one-week salary, taxi fare from causeway to my house, medicine fee, non-refundable ang pow $50 that I paid her upon her arrival and taxi fare from my place to causeway.

JazN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby rotund » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:23 am

JazN, can u pls pm me the name of ur cl agency? I'm currently looking for a cl n might b booking one thru an agency but Is still apprehensive as had a bad experience for my DS.

TIA

rotund
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby JazN » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:59 am

pem. my friend just finished confinement w agency but her cl not sick. my sil cl also from same ag bit rough w nb

rotund wrote:JazN, can u pls pm me the name of ur cl agency? I'm currently looking for a cl n might b booking one thru an agency but Is still apprehensive as had a bad experience for my DS.

TIA

JazN
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

beware of confinement nanny

Postby parenthoood » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:50 pm

there should really be a list of confinement nannies that are reliable or certified. I just wanted to let everyone know to be careful of this particular confinement nanny called "Baozhu" - her real name is Tey Ah Moi from malaysia - date of birth is 8 oct 1954 from Johor. Basically i got her through a friend's friend recommendation thinking that it would be safer and because my daughter was born before CNY, the charges were quite steep and the previous recommended ones would not work during CNY. It has been a nightmare as Baozhu is always complaining about how this is no good or that's no good, bullies my Filipino helper, telling her she cannot eat until everyone else has eaten and making her do what the confinement nanny is supposed to do e.g. wash babies clothes, cook the confinement food and prepare the herbal bath. She was also very negative about breastfeeding and in the first few days kept telling me to feed formula instead so that everyone can go to sleep. Additionally she would ask me to buy all the expensive herbs for her to cook and everyday my parents would deliver groceries and she would use up all the groceries - cooking for like an army. She complained to my helper that i was stupid cos i didn't eat (it was already more than my usual intake and i'm rather petite) and that she didn't like it at my place cos there was no food(!!!). The fridge was already filled with so much food. She complained that the place is noisy; that i insisted on breastfeeding etc...basically a very negative person and really dishonest and manipulative - she would sometimes say that she had fed at this particular time when clearly it was not (as i kept my own log book) - it's just easier for her to keep force-feeding the baby then to help soothe the baby. I caught her stuffing the baby at my maid at one stage and within3 days, the baby caught very bad diaper rash - and she didn't inform us that there was even a rash - i took the baby and rushed down to the PD to check. She claims that she's very well received in HK so if you are a singaporean expat in HK please be aware of the lies and the dishonesty. i suspect that sometimes we don't know any better as first time parents and if we don't have other help, we may just go along with these bully types of nannies. There are other better nannies out there.

Anyway, in the end we agreed that she would go off early. i paid her the pro rata share forgetting that i had earlier paid her a $1000 deposit. She has now claimed that i paid her less than the pro rata share and the extra $1000 is as good as gone. I would not have minded paying the extra amount if she was a more pleasant character but she is not and for her to even now claim that i paid her less is really unethical. if any of you come across this nanny, please feel free to msg me. I have her details and photograph so please be very careful with this woman.

parenthoood
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Domestic Help