anybody knows about direct hire??

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

anybody knows about direct hire??

Postby anggie78 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:13 pm

hi all

with regards to direct hire, will it be very tedious and troublesome to do it myself? as those agencies I approached all quoted near to $2k which I find it relatively expensive. and if the cost were to be $2k I would rather consider a new helper from an agency.

please help

anggie78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: anybody knows about direct hire??

Postby smurfy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 am

if pino, lucky plaza usually have agencies that does it cheaper.

smurfy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby janet88 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:36 am

anggie78 wrote:hi all

with regards to direct hire, will it be very tedious and troublesome to do it myself? as those agencies I approached all quoted near to $2k which I find it relatively expensive. and if the cost were to be $2k I would rather consider a new helper from an agency.

please help

my grandmother's maid is direct hire...$2K to bring her over...documentation, first doc checkup and ticket. Insurance excluded.
btw, no free replacement.

her prev employer highly recommended her...bcos she is a full time working mum...after confinement, this filipino maid looked after employer's daughter for close to 10 years...so yaya payaya.
who would know this maid would be such a smart alec...prev employer said she can cook and make soup...compared to newbie who cannot.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby popireis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:45 am

Hi Janet_Lee88

When you said "Direct Hire" did you all went thru agency to submit the documentation or how did you all do it yourself?

My ex-Indo maid wanna come back to work for me but I oso dunno how to go about direct hiring her. If it's gonna cost 2k then I may as well stick to my new maid till her contract ends.

popireis
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby janet88 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:47 am

popireis wrote:Hi Janet_Lee88

When you said "Direct Hire" did you all went thru agency to submit the documentation or how did you all do it yourself?

My ex-Indo maid wanna come back to work for me but I oso dunno how to go about direct hiring her. If it's gonna cost 2k then I may as well stick to my new maid till her contract ends.

agency settled documentation, that's why cost $2k...but maid has to get passport in her own country. brother wanted to ask former helper to help before his wife gave birth but i also worried if she can perform well...after so many years, it's hard to tell...if she cannot work, then i will get blame. that's not worth the risk.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby POA Teacher » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Is it possible to direct hire a phillipino maid (from Ph, not currently in SG)without going through an agency?

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby anggie78 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:24 pm

thanks for all the concern :) I manage to find a agency that do for me, their service so far so good and very responsive where they will update me every now and then, the whole cost about $1500-$1600.

anybody who wish to engage direct service can pm me I can share the ctc

anggie78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby popireis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi anggie78

Are you using the same agency that heysugarbug using?

Thanks!

popireis
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby anggie78 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:54 pm

i am not pretty sure as I found out from one of my real-life friend referral

anggie78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Dannyho » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi all,

Tell you abt my experience abt direct hire. I called up mom & talk with a customer service officer who assured me that I can do direct hire without going thru an agency. I have a aldy a candidate in mind & proceed to do the direct hire myself. What a joke! When I start to do all the necessary documents & started to liase with the Phillipines Embassy... I was curtly told by them that they will only deal with accredited agencies. :stupid: :stupid:
So I paid an agency a $3000 fee to get my helper. Now, after 2 months, she claimed that she missed her mother & wants to die if I don`t send her back soon. Looks like I have to fork out money to send her back asap & she havent repay me a single cent for her loan to me!!!!

Any advice from any of you would be much appreciated.

best regards,
Dannyho

Dannyho
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help