Please recommend contractor to do solar film application

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Please recommend contractor to do solar film application

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 22, 2013 7:23 am

Does anyone hv experience hiring a contractor to apply solar film on windows panels?

Please recommend.

:thankyou:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Please recommend contractor to do solar film application

Postby atrecord » Wed May 22, 2013 10:36 am

i got the installer for my car's solar film to install it onto the windows in one room. Am now regretting not doing it for another room too, as it could be like a furnace in the mid-late afternoon in that room...

If you had asked the suppliers of curtains/blinds, they would normally have contacts for window films as well, but I didn't choose them eventually cos the price they quoted were... too cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the atas kind. But I was already very particular when previously choosing a solar film for my car, and went to check out all the brands/makes before deciding on one that was IMHO good (yet not paying exorbitant prices for those brand names like v-kool and 3M. There were cheap ones, but they do not block off much (if any at all) heat, so I didn't go for them. Hence when I needed the same for the house, I fell back on the same considerations.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 22, 2013 11:06 am

atrecord wrote:i got the installer for my car's solar film to install it onto the windows in one room. Am now regretting not doing it for another room too, as it could be like a furnace in the mid-late afternoon in that room...

If you had asked the suppliers of curtains/blinds, they would normally have contacts for window films as well, but I didn't choose them eventually cos the price they quoted were... too cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the atas kind. But I was already very particular when previously choosing a solar film for my car, and went to check out all the brands/makes before deciding on one that was IMHO good (yet not paying exorbitant prices for those brand names like v-kool and 3M. There were cheap ones, but they do not block off much (if any at all) heat, so I didn't go for them. Hence when I needed the same for the house, I fell back on the same considerations.

Will u be able to provide the contact details of the installer as well as which solar films brand?

I need to do it for the sliding door at living room and windows in study room- almost direct East facing as well as the windows in my boy's bedroom which has a indirect West facing.

I would prefer to do it right the first time with a good installer and good solar films.

:thankyou: again.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Wed May 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Not easy to shop for solar film

There are many options with varying transparency, reflectiveness, IR reflection and of course price.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 22, 2013 8:59 pm

tankee wrote:Not easy to shop for solar film

:scared:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Wed May 22, 2013 9:05 pm

I got mine done by vkool becos mine west facing. They offered the most variety ma. Remember that the room will still heat up if the windows are closed. There is some reduction butheat still there. Dont expect miracles

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tankee » Thu May 23, 2013 10:20 am

hquek wrote:I got mine done by vkool becos mine west facing. They offered the most variety ma. Remember that the room will still heat up if the windows are closed. There is some reduction butheat still there. Dont expect miracles

plus the heat will still gets in through brick walls. Usually brick walls will retain the heat for quite some hours.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Thu May 23, 2013 10:25 am

Jennifer wrote:
tankee wrote:Not easy to shop for solar film

:scared:

for example, for 3M there are 3 series, each with a number of ranges. Plus there is the option of applying on one side or both sides of the window panel, plus the option of mixing the type if applying on both sides.

http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3 ... indowFilm/

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Nebbermind » Fri May 24, 2013 9:45 am

Some years back, I came across a brand that have thicker film which is said to help reduce noise too. Just can't remember the name.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby atrecord » Mon May 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Jennifer wrote:
atrecord wrote:i got the installer for my car's solar film to install it onto the windows in one room. Am now regretting not doing it for another room too, as it could be like a furnace in the mid-late afternoon in that room...

Will u be able to provide the contact details of the installer as well as which solar films brand?

I need to do it for the sliding door at living room and windows in study room- almost direct East facing as well as the windows in my boy's bedroom which has a indirect West facing.

I would prefer to do it right the first time with a good installer and good solar films.

:thankyou: again.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. PH only never check KSP much...

Anyway, the installer I used for both my car and my study room is:

Brand: Tintsycool
Contact person: Trent Chan h/p 93838687

Yours is East-facing still not so bad. My master bedroom got half-direct afternoon sun... it can be like a furnace...

Good luck.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Domestic Help