Maid agency fee

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Maid agency fee

Postby TheAnswer » Sat May 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this. May I know what is the usual amount for agency fee to hire a Filipino maid? Does anyone have any contacts? If yes, please pm me the name of the person you contacted, their number and their agency.

Thanks.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Maid agency fee

Postby TheAnswer » Mon May 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Can anyone help?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chixchix » Mon May 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Hmm,,from what I know is about $2200 and above if the maid is not here. And should be almost half if the girl is here. :smile:

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mummyv » Tue May 28, 2013 5:07 pm

hi TheAnswer

agency fee ranges. You hv fm $400 onwards to $2000 plus. Since you are new questions to ask will be what does the fee include? What other fees are there. Some include Phil embassy documentation fee, MOM wp fees, medica fees etc, some don't. Insurance is always quoted separately.

I read somewhere that your loved one is sick. I would suggest transfer maids ie maids who have been "rejected" by other employers or "rejected" their first employer. Reason being when you interview the maid with job scope, you can minimise a bad maid/employer fit. I finally chose a transfer maid cos my previous maid wanted to go home urgently. I interviewed 30 transfer maids before I found one. Most rejected me even those from agency with $2000 plus fee, only 2 indicated they were willing to look after my young child with possibility of mil supervising. In the end, it was the maid who chose my family and she actually asked to go back to agency becos she did not want to work anymore for her first employer.

What I did was comb somewhere with a high number of maid agencies, so I could minimise leg work. I hv tried Bkt Timah Plaza and Toa Payoh. However, I suggest avoid Lucky Plaza - none of the transfer maids wanted to work for me. Most wanted ang moh families.

Good luck.

mummyv
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Agency fees and other cost tend to vary from agency to agency. That was the situation when I was looking for a maid last year. I understand that the fees have since increased, so the fees I paid is outdated.

You can compare the fees by calling the agencies or visiting them. I understand that a lot of these agencies are situated in Katong Shopping Centre and a shopping centre in Bukit Timah. Whilst you are there, could consider interviewing prospective maids, especially if you are in urgent need of a helper. You might be lucky and find the right maid for your needs!

The last agency I used is a one man operation. I tend to like using small agencies cos I feel I get better service from the owners and more responsible recommendations. Unfortunately, the owner has some health issues recently.

If you are looking for a helper to assist with an elderly with special needs, you can consider a Phil maid with some training in healthcare. I remember when I was looking through the biodatas, I saw a few with healthcare training / experience. Agent explained that they can't afford to take the exam for the qualification so cannot apply to work as nurses here.

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi TheAnswer

You could also refer to interviewing tips under the thread "bad hunch after employing my maid". You might not have had time to read that thread. In particular, I find Harlequin's tips useful. Thanks Harlequin for sharing!!!

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Domestic Help