Recommendations for Reliable Part-time Cleaner or Company

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Recommendations for Reliable Part-time Cleaner or Company

Postby atrecord » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 am

Does anyone know of any reliable part-time cleaner or those companies that manage such cleaning contracts?

We have been using such companies to send someone to clean our house for 3-4 hr every week for the last 6-9 months, and has changed 2 companies. The root of the problem is that these companies are all not very reliable, in that the cleaners they employ would often be overseas, sick or need to take care of sick family members. It's made worse as this is often only told to us hours or minutes before the cleaner is due to appear, and sometimes not proactively told to us at all.

Whenever the 'normal' (one is assigned to us, for benefit of familiarity) one is not available, the company will arrange for a replacement. The problem arises when this happens almost every week, and then we'll have to brief the cleaner all over again, and show her where to get what.

We had changed to this present company because the last company was sending a new maid almost every week towards the end, and often changed the timing from morning to afternoon.

Then just Wed, 15 min after the cleaner was supposed to appear, we called her (no answer) and then could not reach the agent from the company too. About an hour later, the agent sms'ed to say that the cleaner was overseas so can't come, and will arrange for replacement the next few days!

Then on Fri, the replacement cleaner came. I had taken leave Wed-Fri with the intention of bring kids out, but the haze just about spoilt everything, so we were able to have the cleaner come over on Fri. We were already thinking of getting a more reliable company by then, but lived with it.

But on Sat, I discovered that a mirror besides my bed had a obvious crack. We cannot confirm who did it, but obviously the cleaner is also a suspect.

So all in, we're hoping to find another cleaner or company that is more reliable in attendance, and should ideally be good with the work and careful (another one from the previous company dropped something on the marble floor and that caused a small hole!) too.

If you have any good recommendations, pls share it with me.

Thanks!

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Recommendations for Reliable Part-time Cleaner or Compan

Postby Imami » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:52 pm

Have u tried amah on wheels before?

I find their staff well trained and competent at their work. Of cos, some are better than the others but on a general, they are good. The mgt is also quite flexible and would try to accommodate to the customers' requests. A bit more than the usual price range but definitely worth considering.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Recommendations for Reliable Part-time Cleaner or Compan

Postby strawberrycupcakes » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:41 am

Imami wrote:Have u tried amah on wheels before?

I find their staff well trained and competent at their work. Of cos, some are better than the others but on a general, they are good. The mgt is also quite flexible and would try to accommodate to the customers' requests. A bit more than the usual price range but definitely worth considering.

any good recommendation? I know some have to pay agency fees, even for part-time maid.

The agency fees are not cheap. $300-$400. and the hourly rate is $15/h.

strawberrycupcakes
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Domestic Help