Waste Management

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Waste Management

Postby osim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:58 pm

How do they handle the recyclable waste

1. NEA
2. fortnightly collection from recycle company.

Remember the good old days when my mom has a pail that she throws all the organic waste.  The paper, plastic, glass waste, etc goes into the chute.

The pail of organic waste is collected daily  by someone from the pig farm and this waste is mixed with something and become food for the pigs.

Every end of the year, the farm gave us a slab of pork  and a tray of eggs as a token of appreciation.

Now... people throw everything down the chute.  

I have been trying to figure out what is the best way to manange the waste disposal for apartment residents.

Currently, I throw all organic waste in a plastic bag and that goes down the chute.  Any non-organic stuff that is dirty and small, I throw together with the organic ones.

For bigger pieces of material like plastic, paper and also paper milk cartons,  I throw at recycle bin in neighborhood from Town council

For plastic and glass and aluminum  bottles and cans,  plus cloth material, etc,  I bag them for fortnightly collection by recycle company. 

Is there a better way to do this?  Hope any green people in this forum can share.

This is quite inconvenient but I feel very bad to be dumping everything down the chute. 

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Domestic Help