URGENT advice needed on transfer maid and new maid

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

URGENT advice needed on transfer maid and new maid

Postby chameleon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Dear all,

My previous Filipino maid was sent to the agent last Thursday and I agreed to let her transfer. The agent promised me it will be done by this week but till today work permit still under my name.
And my new maid which I hired from another agent has already entered Singapore last Friday on 26 July and I brought her back since then.

The new maid's agency told me they can't apply for my new Indon maid work permit till my previous Filipino maid is transferred to another employer. The previous maid agency keeps telling me he has some problem with documentation so can't promise me when he can transfer the Filipino out.

I called MOM and they told me I only have 14 days to apply for the work permit of the new Indon maid and since she arrived on the 26 July and there's 2 public holidays next week, I must apply for her work permit latest by 7 Aug otherwise her work permit will be revoked and I may end up with an overstaying fine...However, the new maid agency told me for new maids entering to Singapore, they have around 20 days to apply for new work permits and all along they never encountered any problem.

I am adding pressure to the Filipino's maid agency to transfer out from our name by Monday 5 Aug otherwise I will cancel her work permit and send her back.

Appreciate those experienced can advise me asap whether which is correct. MOM said 14 days upon arrival, must submit for work permit but agency told me I have turnaround time of 20 days...

Many thanks in advance!

chameleon
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: URGENT advice needed on transfer maid and new maid

Postby chixchix » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi Chameleon, very often Agencies will try to "buy" time from you. Well as what MOM said is true, the New Agency has got 14 days to do her issuance but there is an extra grace period of 7 days, which MOM will not tell you about.

What you need to do to be on the safe side is go to Isubmit on MOM website, Choose Option 6, put in the details of your maid, & explain to MOM that the issuance will be slightly late. I believe that your new maid agency can help you with this as I was in the same boat, and my new maid agency was very helpful, while the old one even told me that he is going on holiday and he cant keep my maid for a few days. :scared:

Hope the above helps.

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:39 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: URGENT advice needed on transfer maid and new maid

Postby KSmom8 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:06 pm

I was also in a similar situation. In our application for the new maid, we got the new agent to apply her as a 2nd maid, just in case the old maid took longer to do her transfer. There are some criteria to be met, size of home, age of children, aged parents, etc, for a household to have two maids, if i remember correctly. Your new maid agent should be able to advise. However, we didn't tell our old agent and old maid the arrangement, so that they would expedite the transfer. In fact, I told them that they had only 2 weeks otherwise I will cancel the work permit and buy an air ticket for the old maid.

Hope this helps.

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:45 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: URGENT advice needed on transfer maid and new maid

Postby pinkybear » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:56 am

Hi Chameleon
I am facing the same problem like you. I gave ample time to the old agency My old maid has been with them since end of June. They are very slow. I am still waiting for their refund. My new agency said I am being too nice to them. Their advice is to cancel the WP on 5 Aug. Otherwise my new maid's IPA will be revoked and the maid needs repatriated to Indo. :sweat: While your old agency has a new business from your old maid, will they care for you? :sweat: :nailbite: The new agency asked me to pressure the old agency not MOM.

I did tell the old agency that on 5 Aug I will cancel the old maid permit.
If I do this, it will complicate my old maid application with her new employer.

What I did was go to to Isubmit on MOM website, Choose Option 7, to extend the issuance dateline. You need to write a summary.
http://www.mom.gov.sg/services-forms/Pages/isubmit.aspx

Mine dateline is Monday 5 Aug :scared: So far the old maid is still under my name. :cry:

pinkybear
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:22 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: URGENT advice needed on transfer maid and new maid

Postby chameleon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Many thanks to all for your advice.
Will try to pressure the old agency to transfer my old maid asap and also go and submit the request in MOM website.
This thing made me so stressful these few days..sigh

chameleon
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:56 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: URGENT advice needed on transfer maid and new maid

Postby chameleon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:23 pm

pinkybear wrote:Hi Chameleon
I am facing the same problem like you. I gave ample time to the old agency My old maid has been with them since end of June. They are very slow. I am still waiting for their refund. My new agency said I am being too nice to them. Their advice is to cancel the WP on 5 Aug. Otherwise my new maid's IPA will be revoked and the maid needs repatriated to Indo. :sweat: While your old agency has a new business from your old maid, will they care for you? :sweat: :nailbite: The new agency asked me to pressure the old agency not MOM.

I did tell the old agency that on 5 Aug I will cancel the old maid permit.
If I do this, it will complicate my old maid application with her new employer.

What I did was go to to Isubmit on MOM website, Choose Option 7, to extend the issuance dateline. You need to write a summary.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/services-forms/Pages/isubmit.aspx

Mine dateline is Monday 5 Aug :scared: So far the old maid is still under my name. :cry:


Hi pinkybear,

I am looking at the "Request form related to work permit Work Permit Issuance & Renewal" but I am not sure which option to tick in Nature of Work Permit Request.

Should I tick 7. Delay Transfer Date for change of Employer or 3. Short extension of FDW's Work Permit (for late repatriation)?

I am more concerned about my new maid's work permit...

Many thanks

chameleon
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: URGENT advice needed on transfer maid and new maid

Postby chameleon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:25 pm

chixchix wrote:Hi Chameleon, very often Agencies will try to "buy" time from you. Well as what MOM said is true, the New Agency has got 14 days to do her issuance but there is an extra grace period of 7 days, which MOM will not tell you about.

What you need to do to be on the safe side is go to Isubmit on MOM website, Choose Option 6, put in the details of your maid, & explain to MOM that the issuance will be slightly late. I believe that your new maid agency can help you with this as I was in the same boat, and my new maid agency was very helpful, while the old one even told me that he is going on holiday and he cant keep my maid for a few days. :scared:

Hope the above helps.


Hi chixchix, at least your new maid agency is very helpful but I don't really trust mine as they have lose my trust earlier and they don't seem very pro..
Hence, I guess I have to do myself to play safe sigh

chameleon
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: URGENT advice needed on transfer maid and new maid

Postby glass » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Up to you. If work permit cancelled, they can go to Malaysia on social pass then re enter. Don't need to be too nice to the old agency.

glass
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: URGENT advice needed on transfer maid and new maid

Postby chameleon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:44 pm

glass wrote:Up to you. If work permit cancelled, they can go to Malaysia on social pass then re enter. Don't need to be too nice to the old agency.


Oic but i also dont wish to go to this extent since my previous maid no matter what still helped me take care of my son till 2 years old. Wont want to unless really near dead end...

chameleon
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:56 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: URGENT advice needed on transfer maid and new maid

Postby chixchix » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:19 am

Thats the thing,, after going through so many maids and different agency :) i sort of already got some hang of it.. you can roughly gauge whether the people sitting at the counter will help you from the first impression. My agency I just talk to the owner direct cos she believes in personalized service.

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:39 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Domestic Help