Need some advice: to send home or let her transfer

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Need some advice: to send home or let her transfer

Postby split » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:38 am

After my mym maid contract end and go back home I got my worst attitude pino maid.. During interview at agency we already told her my family is big, he saw my 3 kids sis and mil..

At my place 1 week said she wanna transfer becuz we talk very loud among ourselves.. She don't like people who talk loud.. Call her she don't respond said she got hearing problem, talk to her loudly she angry complain u too loud.after agency talk her thru she said she can stay but start borrowing money and asking for advance pay even when she is still at loan.. She claim that she need to send sch fee for the kids and let her kids pay rental.. Being a dumb mum I pity her so lend her money..

Finally after 6 mths she completed her supposingly 2 mth loan and now ask her transfer again..this time she talk back to my mil, my mil was just telling her she is not suppose to cook all 6 days worth of veg in one day (we usually buy marketing on Sunday for whole week) and she angry and reply my mil in a rude told said she ask her cook veg what.. After that a few more incident like leaving old meat and veg in the fridge and cook the more fresh one and even raise her voice at my mil saying that is becuz of her she wanna leave..

My mil also tell me she said bad things abt me to her.. So I as the agency to give me a Indonesia maid but they tell me they don't have maid keep asking me to take new pino with many mths of loan.. How can I afford 5k plus again.. The last pino even though is only 2mths loan already cost me 2k plus.. I am
Not rich i have 3 kids leh 7k within 6 mth is a lot money for me and what if the new maid don't work up???

So with no choice I look for other agency and thru recommendation I found a Indonesia transfer maid from another agency.. So now my pino maid ask me don't send her off let her transfer she got kids n she is the only support for the family..she request to look for own employer As she don't want agent to earn her money.

Now my qns here is should I transfer her since her attitude is so bad and make me waste so much money 5k within 6mths.. But part of me don't wanna create a sin to 扎人饭碗.. And I am angry with the agency too so don't wish to let the earn from this maid again..how?my name maid will come soon next week..

split
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Need some advice: to send home or let her transfer

Postby POA Teacher » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:08 am

How many more $$$ are you willing to spend on her, waiting to choose a new employer?
You want to have her around so that she can poison the mind of your new maid?

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby twinkletoes » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:12 am

I think she is taking advantage of you and she has a lot of tricks up her sleeve. Some of them come up with pity stories but the reality is, they are being manipulative. Borrowing money, talking rudely to your MIL and talking bad about you behind your back? This is pretty clear cut, imo. Out she goes, straight to the airport! There's no need to give her ample warning.

Would you feel good in recommending her to another family? If you want her transferred to another employer, you will likely incur additional costs and it might take time before she finds a new employer.

Since you have found her replacement, cut your loses and buy her a one-way ticket home.

twinkletoes
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby st2 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:21 pm

These maids want more pay and made the decision to leave home. Some will just do anything and say anything to take advantage of the people who pity them. There is no end to pittiful stories.......new ones will come up as long as you are willing to hear them.

Please pity your family and have pity for yourself that you had to endure this maid for the last 6 months. Maids are the hired help, they don't stay for no pay.

She may think that she can't sqeeze anymore money out from you so she's asking for a transfer, looking for new employer/victims.. .....Are you going to help her by allowing her to transfer?

During transfer waiting time, you still have to pay levy and she will most likely poison your new maid if they are both in your house. Otherwise, you would have to pay her lodging at the agency, approx $15-$20 a day. You are still responsible for her during this time even if she is not in your house.

Buy her a one way ticket and send her home, minimize cost and surprises/issues. Tell her only on the day of departure.

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ymmij » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:18 am

my view would be to send her back.

please don't let her be a pain in the a** for other families...

ymmij
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby panickymum » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:53 pm

ymmij wrote:my view would be to send her back.

Yes . I agreed . If they want to earn $ they should behave themselves . Send her back to her home . These maids thought they are very big shot . Not happy just change employer . My friend maid too wanted to renew contract w/o off day but pay her the $ . After renewal say want off day , no off day she wants to go bk to agency . My friend says if she not happy with the agreement then she buy ticket and send her bk . She no choice but to continue to work .
They always think that as long we renew contract , it will be easier for them to change boss

panickymum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby catddy2002 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:14 am

My view is to send her back to teach her a lesson for being so bad.
1 mth ago, I sent my burmese maid back.
She's super lazy and only work after we complained.
We been tolerate with her for 1.5 years because thinking she needs time to adapt, but after 1.5 year still need us to scold her then work, we decided to send her home. We did not want to transfer her for 2 reasons, 1 is to teach her a lesson for being lazy and 2 is I feel guilty if transfer her to another household and cause that household suffer like me, further I have to pay $15 per day to agent while she waiting for transfer at agent there. We get a replacement from another agent and book her ticket without her knowing. On the day we sent her to airport, we list down her wrong doings. She asked to go back to agent, we told her she can go back to her agent in her country. She no choice but packed and go.

catddy2002
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby matrix0405 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:37 am

panickymum wrote:
ymmij wrote:my view would be to send her back.

Yes . I agreed . If they want to earn $ they should behave themselves . Send her back to her home . These maids thought they are very big shot . Not happy just change employer . My friend maid too wanted to renew contract w/o off day but pay her the $ . After renewal say want off day , no off day she wants to go bk to agency . My friend says if she not happy with the agreement then she buy ticket and send her bk . She no choice but to continue to work .
They always think that as long we renew contract , it will be easier for them to change boss

Ever since the mandatory day-off kicks in, 50% off maids are thinking of changing employers.

matrix0405
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Domestic Help