Need advise on sending maid back home

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Need advise on sending maid back home

Postby joy1019 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi

My current Filipino maid has been working with me for almost a year. Her maid job scope is to take care house chores and assist my in-laws/ mum to take care of my 15 mth old daughter (as I don't trust maid alone with my daughter). This is the first time I am employing maid and is also my maid first time working overseas. Her work attitude initially is good, but as the day goes by her attitude became bad to worst.

When she did a mistake and we correct her, she will raise her voice, talk back at us and show us black face. Whenever we goes buy groceries, she will say this one is good, that one is nice wanting us to buy. She is good at lying and when caught her she will deny all the way and question us what prove we have that she did this/ that. She does not eat overnight food and will want to eat fresh food. For cleaning the house, she will do a lot of shortcuts.  In term of taking care of my daughter, she just passed her KPI.

Instead of sending the maid back to agency, my husband and I decided to send her back home. We do not want send her back to the agency to pay for her logging until she finds another employer, plus the agency provide lousy services. They will try to protect the maid.

As her contract with us is till next year Aug,

1)      Can I know whether I can just terminate her WP and send her back home? Or  do I need to notify the agency?

2)      Do I need to pay salary for the remaining fulfilled contract period? Or just compensate her 1mth salary and send her back?
Thanks

joy1019
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Need advise on sending maid back home

Postby st2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:41 pm

You have to look at your contract and see what the terms and conditions are.

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby joy1019 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:12 pm

The contract didn't indicate that maid has to fulfill 2yrs contract term. Or employer has to keep maid for full 2yrs term.

joy1019
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby joy1019 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:09 pm

The contract didn't indicate that maid has to fulfill 2yrs contract term. Or employer has to keep maid for full 2yrs term.

joy1019
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Hiaweh » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:42 pm

In that case, check what is the notice period that need to be given by both parties in the event the employment is terminated within the 2 years and just give her the amount for that no. of days(assuming you are giving her last minute notice), then send her off. Make sure you make her sign something to indicate that she took the compensation from you.

She can actually complain to her embassy that you didn't give her a chance to transfer before sending her back.

Hiaweh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hyp » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:57 pm

The main issue she got paid any loan?

Last mth i oso face similar case. My agent advice me dont send her bk cos of the loan. she can go complain to ''MOM"" once she bk to philippine. So i told her i only give 2 week time for her to get new employer n hold her salary (just to scare her) in case she choosy employer.

hyp
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby st2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Usually it's a standard 2 year contract that will indicate eg. notice ? days to be given if either party wishes to terminate.

Pay her according to the contract notice period and her air ticket. No need to give her more than contract terms.

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby st2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Hiaweh wrote:In that case, check what is the notice period that need to be given by both parties in the event the employment is terminated within the 2 years and just give her the amount for that no. of days(assuming you are giving her last minute notice), then send her off. Make sure you make her sign something to indicate that she took the compensation from you.

She can actually complain to her embassy that you didn't give her a chance to transfer before sending her back.

Just wondering.... if standard contract no mention of transfer after loan period, can maid just go embassy to complain she not given chance to transfer?

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jtoh » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:21 pm

hyp wrote:The main issue she got paid any loan?

Last mth i oso face similar case. My agent advice me dont send her bk cos of the loan. she can go complain to ''MOM"" once she bk to philippine. So i told her i only give 2 week time for her to get new employer n hold her salary (just to scare her) in case she choosy employer.

What can she complain to the embassy about?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby joy1019 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:22 pm

hyp wrote:The main issue she got paid any loan?

Do you meant by the loan money that's she took when she came to work in spore? Usually the loan is cleared off within the first 6mth. So the first 6mth she wont get her salary.

joy1019
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Domestic Help