Agency said I need to pay airfares for maid back

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Agency said I need to pay airfares for maid back

Postby FanFanX » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Agency said I need to pay airfares for maid back, whether or not she had served her 2-yr contract, as long as her loan has been fully paid.
This means even if she had worked 6 mths for me, and if she does not want to work in S'pore anymore, I still need to pay for her airfares back.
Is this the same for you?

FanFanX
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Agency said I need to pay airfares for maid back

Postby POA Teacher » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:50 pm

MOM requires that you pay for the airfare back to her home.
Does not matter whether she has served out her contract.
Does not matter whether she has completed her loan period.
Or whatever reason.
As long as you send her back you have to provide the airfare.

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kittyki » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Yes I also sent back my transfer maid after her loan and pay for her tickets. I was very angry because agent was not honest and lied to us about the reason she was being transferred by her previous employer. End up, she did not change and commit the same mistakes. But in the end, we have to suck it up and pay for her tickets cos that is the "law".

kittyki
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Jennifer » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:00 pm

Agent usu. arrange to fly to the most convenient airport for the maid at a departure time most convenient for the agent driver

If u buy online the air ticket, can choose the cheapest to any airport of your choice.

Just that u need to drive the maid to the airport yourself.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ruohoo97 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:18 pm

You can always send her back to agent .

ruohoo97
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby peapot » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:34 am

Unfortunately that is the law. It doesn't matter who breaks the contract first and even if maid commits any crime, the employer is still responsible for sending her back which means paying for her air ticket. Though it sounds unfair to us, that is the still the way MOM handle things.

Fanfanx, if u don't to see her create a scene at airport or u dread sending her to airport then just get someone to send her.

I have a uncle contact who works for a few maid agency in bukit Timah plaza. He gathers maid from these agency and send them to airport or do their work permit. The previous maid was sent away by him. I called him and pay him $50. He came and pick up the maid. Pass passport to him and not the maid. It was easy.$50 and I don't have to see her face anymore!

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby FanFanX » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:38 pm

ruohoo97 wrote:You can always send her back to agent .

yes, she suggested sending her back to agency, but she does not intend to work in s'pore anymore...this means agency will pay her airfares back?

FanFanX
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby POA Teacher » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:18 am

FanFanX wrote:
ruohoo97 wrote:You can always send her back to agent .

yes, she suggested sending her back to agency, but she does not intend to work in s'pore anymore...this means agency will pay her airfares back?

If you send her to the agent, they will willingly take her off your hands to transfer to another employer cos they will earn fees from both the new employer and the maid.
If she wants to go home... no way will they pay for her ticket!!!

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby st2 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:56 am

It's very common practice that agencies will always welcome maids sent back to them, so they can 're sell' them again to another employer to make money.

If the agency don't want them, it usually means that this particular maid has been 'sold' many times over but is so bad/caused too much trouble that they can't cook up any more 'credible' stories to 're sell' her..... they will get the last employer to buy her ticket home.

The stardard contract would specify that we have to buy her a one way ticket home, regardless.

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby FanFanX » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:26 am

st2 wrote:It's very common practice that agencies will always welcome maids sent back to them, so they can 're sell' them again to another employer to make money.

If the agency don't want them, it usually means that this particular maid has been 'sold' many times over but is so bad/caused too much trouble that they can't cook up any more 'credible' stories to 're sell' her..... they will get the last employer to buy her ticket home.

The stardard contract would specify that we have to buy her a one way ticket home, regardless.

good points.

FanFanX
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Domestic Help