Maid involved in romantic scam

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Maid involved in romantic scam

Postby chickaboom8888 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:47 am

Hi, I would like to alert all the employers out there:
My maid was being scammed in a romantic relationship through internet. The guy claimed he was in UK and even propose to her, and try to send her " jewellery or money". A lady from a so-called Malaysia courier company called her that the items was stuck at custom and asked her to pay fine.
Got to know this when she tried to borrow a large sum of money from me.
I has to step in and resolve this for her. Imagine if your maid borrow the money from her friends or worse still, try to steal your money....
I think this is a big issue with maid with those smartphones where they do all sorts of facebooking and msg

chickaboom8888
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Maid involved in romantic scam

Postby kittyki » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:58 pm

And your maid is silly enough to believe the guy is true to her. Sad. But luckily u found out. Don't let our maid use HP = headache. Let our maid use HP also = headache.

kittyki
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby chickaboom8888 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:29 am

Given she is the smarter type, I think she is "looking around"/desperate that's why she fell prey into this scam thing. Now not sure if I should renew contract with her. she is pretty good in housekeeping, but somehow there is a sense of distrust as I felt that she is not very honest and frank in a lot of things ( so far no stealing).

chickaboom8888
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby POA Teacher » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:50 am

chickaboom8888 wrote:Given she is the smarter type, I think she is "looking around"/desperate that's why she fell prey into this scam thing. Now not sure if I should renew contract with her. she is pretty good in housekeeping, but somehow there is a sense of distrust as I felt that she is not very honest and frank in a lot of things ( so far no stealing).

If you think that you will be able to find a maid that's good at her work, and honest and frank (without being rude) :rahrah: - go ahead and terminate your current maid.
But you will soon find that there is no such maid.

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Domestic Help