Maid giving me headache

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Maid giving me headache

Postby Mtrisha26 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:07 am

I have employed a filipina maid last december. She seemed nice and had worked for a family for 3 years before her employer just suddenly sacked her after an argument.

Anyway, I dont mind her not being too thorough in cleaning the flat. But what I noticed is that she is lazy. She initially will change towels, curtains and sheets after more than a month. She always have her nails long even if I already told her to cut it short. We also agreed that her curfew from day off is max 10pm but now she doesnt adhere to the agreement. Even if I already talked to her about it several times. She doesnt follow the rules
I gave her when she first came to my home. She would even make me look stupid when I told her she didnt do the cleaning. She'd sometimes say that the vacuum might have splattered the dust. (SIGH!).

I pay her 550 SGD per month. She shares a room with my sister. She also has internet access. She has a HP, a tablet and a computer. Also, every day off, she says that she goes to disco at Orchard Tower or Bugis. But she also told me that she wants to find a boyfriend (indian) because they give her money.

Yes. This sounds like rants but I do not know how else to make her understand that she is a maid. She even cook my daughter's food for her own consumption.

I dont like to get into arguments or lecture her because after I do that she treats my daughter badly. My daughter always complains.

If you be kind to please give me your insights and thoughts. I am just getting tired of her excuses.

Mtrisha26
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Maid giving me headache

Postby JJ1111 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:20 am

Change her!!!

When maid has attitude problem, there is no way you can correct her.

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby janet88 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:57 am

it's high time to send your maid packing.

it's obvious she is out to enjoy life.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby howard » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:17 am

Send her back to the Maid Agent. Let the Maid Agent do the 'brain-wash'.
If there is no improvement, replace her with another one.

howard
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby janet88 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:23 am

howard wrote:Send her back to the Maid Agent. Let the Maid Agent do the 'brain-wash'.
If there is no improvement, replace her with another one.

maid agencies in my opinion, are double head snakes.
they are nice to both customers and maids because that's how they survive.
this maid has already shown her true colours...replacing her would be safer.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby nms1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 am

Let's just imagine that you did the following at work:

submit your monthly report every two months
    came back from lunch late every day
    pretend to have done your work when you haven't
    take it out on your team if your boss reprimands you

What do you think would happen to you? Would you still have a job?

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Pom Pee Pee » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:30 am

She even told u that she wants to find a boyfriend? Just bcos boyfriend can give her $? She don't sound like she is wkg here as a maid leh.. Don't u feel scare that she will get into whatever diseases mixing ard with guys?? Maybe one day she will say that she needs to have more boyfriends cos more bf = more $$$$.... CHANGE HER. She is behaving like that means that she takes u for granted n doesn't respect u as a employer AT ALL!

Pom Pee Pee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby janet88 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:35 am

Pom Pee Pee wrote:She even told u that she wants to find a boyfriend? Just bcos boyfriend can give her $? She don't sound like she is wkg here as a maid leh.. Don't u feel scare that she will get into whatever diseases mixing ard with guys?? Maybe one day she will say that she needs to have more boyfriends cos more bf = more $$$$.... CHANGE HER. She is behaving like that means that she takes u for granted n doesn't respect u as a employer AT ALL!

i don't think you need our input, honestly.
this maid should be sent HOME...she is out to enjoy life and highly likely moonlighting.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby coolbreeze » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:44 am

You must have thought of replacing her with another maid, why hesitate?

It may be troublesome to go thru all the process again; paperwork, teaching a new helper, understanding your styles of doing things (via verse), you taking leave to train her, your household routine, etc. But it sure beats getting headaches for the next 1+ years. If luck is on your side, your next helper may be a god sent :smile:

coolbreeze
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby janet88 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 am

coolbreeze wrote:It may be troublesome to go thru all the process again; paperwork, teaching a new helper, understanding your styles of doing things (via verse), you taking leave to train her, your household routine, etc. But it sure beats getting headaches for the next 1+ years. If luck is on your side, your next helper may be a god sent :smile:

it is expensive and troublesome to replace...but a maid has close contact with your family members, so i feel the present one should be sent off...knowing what she is doing and daringly tells you what she wants, how is it possible to continue putting up with her for the next 1 year...there may be new headaches and worries especially if you're working. if she gets a boyfriend or moonlights, will she be infected with STD?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Domestic Help