Myanmar maids

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
isetan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:6

Re: burmese maids

Post by isetan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:09 am

worried_mum08 wrote:I have my little story on my myanmar maid as well.. In my house for 9 months, since october last year. Everyday pull a long face as if i owe her millions. Eat a lot, but always forgetting things, threw papers (suppose to be thrown away or send to recycling bins) into the laundry basket (full of cleaned and dried clothes). Asked her she say dunno, then next minute she say its my son.. I was so angry cos my son was out with my hubby the whole morning.
Very often, din scrub toilet bowl and floor , just splash water, i asked her she scratched her head. My boy's school pants was not brought home from school, she din discover until the next day.. oh please, she washes them by hand...
And guess what, she wash the wok, only wash inside, outside only rinse with water.. And that was only recently then she started..
Initially when she first arrive, she was also quiet but humble, although sometimes she can be forgetful but is forgiveable. However all the nonsense came after she finishes her loan. she can take 20minutes to sweep one bed room..
All the above are just part of the stories and patterns. More to share :p
haizzz.. now comtemplating whether to send her back and get an Indonesia one, still find Indonesia slightly better.
Is there any off day for her? Good to take a break sometimes.

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Snow24 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:29 am

Hi

Is burmese maids capable in handling newborn? Only heard they are only good in doing household chores.

bboomer71
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by bboomer71 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:26 pm

My experience with my two previous myanmese helpers is that their spoken English is poor to the point that I had to use hand gestures to indicate "yes" and "no" with one of them. This greatly reduces their ability to help you beyond strictly routine work. Their level of understanding was grossly below what I experienced with my other fillipino or indon helpers. This is the main point. Hygiene and attitude have been non culture-specific for me.
Last edited by bboomer71 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

isetan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:6

Post by isetan » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Snow24 wrote:Hi

Is burmese maids capable in handling newborn? Only heard they are only good in doing household chores.
They are inexperience to begin with. Ŷou may wish to enquire from the maid agency if they do have experience ones.

bboomer71
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by bboomer71 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:31 am

Both my previous helpers were transfer maids... still major problem with communication. One spoke dialect with previous employer. So need to find out what language they spoke and how long they have been working in Singapore.

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Snow24 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi

Thanks all of you for the advice and sharing.

bboomer71
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by bboomer71 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:48 pm

If you are getting a transfer maid, do check the expiry date on her passport. My Myanmese helper ended up gg home before the end of her 2 year contract because her passport was due to expire before then and we didn't renew it as helper said she wanted to return home coz her father was gg to undergo an operation. :sad:

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: What is the salary for myanmar maid with experice?

Post by Snow24 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi

Ex sin Myanmar maid with 2 years experiences is asking like monthly salary $500 with 2 off days.That is $540 every month.

Is this considered ex?

fcmaid
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by fcmaid » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:27 pm

[quote="Snow24"]Hi

Ex sin Myanmar maid with 2 years experiences is asking like monthly salary $500 with 2 off days.That is $540 every month.

Is this considered ex?[/quote]

With the current market, there are some who are asking $550 with 2 days off or even $600 with weekly off even.

sunset_dae
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by sunset_dae » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:54 pm

i paid my current myanmar maid $500 no off day, work in SG 3.5 yrs before.
seriously have to think twice getting myanmar maid, i feel they are overpaid.
work 3.5 yrs in SG still speak bad english, most of the time cannot understand what she says. worst still, work so long in SG cant cook.
when interview her, she say can cook actually is cook porridge only and taste is horrendous. only plus point is, they listen and wont argue or rebuke.