Myanmar maids

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
tutorchen
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:3

Re: Myanmar maids

Post by tutorchen » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:17 am

normally myanmar maids can speak neither English nor Chinese, right? so how to communicate to them?

Isle
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Isle » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:28 pm

Dear all,
If u r gg to employ a maid soon, pls beware of this maid below. Her name is Khaing Kyi Myint. She is e worst maid that we had employed!!!
We need to employ a maid to look after my sister who is wheelchair bound. We do inform the agency on that as this is e second time we had ask this agency for a new maid.
First time when we bought her back we do tell e agent (as one of them knew burmese what she will be doing and expect when she work) so the maid said okok.
First day of work, we take it easy on her ask her slowly do, dun know can ask. She said 'understand'. The next day, what we told her she keep on saying 'understand'. But she dun understand a single word we said... PS ( we even google translate what we told her in burmese). Then after 3 days, she broke down n cried said 'dun wan to work'
We told her slowly learn. My mother from day one until now still have to wake up and look at her work!!! So what we told her she will always said 'understand'.....
After a week, she broke down n cried again saying she dun wan to work wan to go back to her country. So we called up our agency. Agency spoke to her and also Myanmar agency also called up to spoke to her. Our Singapore agency told us the maid said that e Myanmar agency did not tell her that she needs to look after my sister. Which is impossible because the first day we already told her that she needs to look after my sister she said 'ok, understand'. She told e Myanmar agency that she is very stress workin here wan to change employer. So we asked e Singapore agency to help us to look for another maid to replace her which will take abt 1 to 3 months as we wan e maid to come from Myanmar not transfer maid. So e maid agency told her she had to work until we got a replacement. She said ok n very 'happy' after that.
During her work looking after my sister, she dun even wan to learn as she's gg to be transfer out soon. She did not take good care of my sister at all!!!! During her work here also gave us a lot of patterns.... leg pain, stomach pain, cry etc....
Yesterday she tol my mother she leg pain.... PS(the day before she did not work @ all cos we went to our grandma house and the whole day she only sit there do nothing!!!!) Still can said leg pain!! We ask her to rest for awhile then. After that she broke down n cried again said she dun wan to work agent said she work until today only(which is a month) we told her no agent had already told her she need to work until we find a replacement. She insisted to call agent and dun when to feed my sister...PS(is a public holiday agency is not open) so she no choice have to work for now.
Today again said she stomach pain cannot work.... we gave her medicine ask her to rest first then work....
PLS LOOK OUT FOR THIS MAID!!! DO NOT EMPLOY THIS MAID IF U DO, DO IT @ U'RE OWN RISK!!!!! In the first place she is lazy only think that working in Singapore is good. Employer go work she no need to do a lot of things @ hm and watch tv until employer come back from work....
PS(I will not give e agency name as e agency help us a lot is not e agency fault is the maid problem!!!) :mad:

Isle
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Isle » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:08 pm

I forgotten that she is also very rude to my mother. When my mother ask her something she didn't reply anything or do what she was told. Juuz now when i walked pass e toilet, she's inside checking herself in e mirror. I ask her 'did u give my sister water a not'. She said 'yes yes n dun care abt it and keep on looking @ e mirror' i asked her e second time 'did u giev her a not if not go give her' then she stop looking @ e mirror n go do it!!!!! I heardfrom my mother she always like to look @ herself in e mirror when she is inside e toilet...... cannot stand

redsteel
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by redsteel » Thu May 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Sometimes I feel the issue is with the caliber of the people working at the maid agency rather than the maids themselves. Their processes may be sub-standard, customer service standards lacking in some areas, business model approach, etc.

MOM (Ministry of Manpower) has a portal where maid agencies are rated according to their transfer rate (percentage of maids placed by the agency who have transferred to 3 or more employers within 1 year) and their retention rate (percentage of maids placed by the agency who have stayed with the same employer for at least 1 year). It's extremely helpful since data from the government don't lie (my presumption at least).

Just type in the agency name without ticking anything else on the boxes (the link: https://services.mom.gov.sg/eadirectory/) and hit the Search button. Alternatively, you can do a search without any agency names and just tick all the boxes to see which agencies have very good ratings. We called the good ones and went to their offices until we found one that had reasonable fees and quality service (and good ratings of course!)

I don't go by ratings and reviews from a third-party sources / perspectives alone, though at times they offer some insight. When using NetMaid to source for maids, note the agency names and do a quick search on the MOM link, don't be surprised if some maid agencies were awarded demerit points by MOM. I think agencies with good ratings won't be perfect but their customer service and extent of their integrity, maid training, counselling approach, management damage control procedures, etc. may be different.

terryyue78
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by terryyue78 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:21 pm

They are cheaper but are they ok compared to indo ones?

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:112

Post by Estéema » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:20 pm

I've been using Mynmar helpers since 2014, after having numerous headaches with Filipino & Indo maids.

In fact, my first Mynmar girl was referred to me thro friends of friends... after her elderly passed away. My Mynmar helpers speaks enuf English to understand us & very hardworking.

Bcoz I benefitted fr references, I now help my Mynmar helpers community to find jobs for my friends. DIY process & save money & headaches. My Mynmar girl help them learn Chinese cooking & brush up skills.

Yes. Like everything else, we do meet one or 2 who lied & I refused to pass her biodata to my frds. Some very choosy just want to change for higher wages, I stall them (very mean of me right). No lah. Don't want them to send their rates high & work beyond our affordability. I don't want them to rock our mkt. I've come across mainly the pinos even tell me we Sporean eyers can afford it! The gall of them.

Anyway, try Mynmar girls. They're generally more complaint & grateful for a job alr.

Pm me if I can help, but I'm not any agent so can't help in all areas. Once in a while I may hv Mynmar girls looking for jobs. I know the process to help u apply online. I don't charge you nor the girl's. You need to inform me in details yr helpers job descriptions & expectations. I work on fairness basis.

jamie1612
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by jamie1612 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:27 pm

Don't ever hire maid from SG TRANSFER MAID http://www.sgtransfermaid.com/ #03-22 at Far East Shopping Centre and level 4 lucky plaza! The after sales service is horrible! I have hired 2 maids from this agency (one is due to replacement) and both maids have the same problem and have been using hp secretly when working even when she's feeding my son. One is from Indonesia and Myanmar. The boss of the agency gave us some recommendation and claimed the maid is very good, know how to cook and very hardworking and have high interest in cooking and doing housework. All is bullshit and are lies, this agency is very dishonest. Now i can finally understand why the other boss has left and set up another maid agency on his own. Myanmar one likes to use hp till very late 12am and still don't want to sleep. Whenever i scold her, she will turn her face away and no eye contact with you, like giving you attitude that she's not happy. We can either chose to send her back or proceed with transfer but we will have to pay for her lodging for 15 days which is $15 per day. After discussing with my husband, we decide to just buy a ticket and send her home to save the trouble and just in case if there's anything happen, we do not have to bear. Anyway, she is not a good worker for the next employer as she keep using her hp all day as her husband is in Singapore. And i can't believe that the agency ask me to book the air ticket myself to send her back and if i were to request them to book ticket for me, i will need to pay for service charge??? OMG what is this. Furthermore, their monthly salary for Myanmar and indonesia maids are quite high $650 per month with 2 off days. This agency is highly not recommended.

Angelique
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Angelique » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:10 am

I have tried several Fillipino maids, several Myanmar maids and 1 Indonesian.
Everyone has faults and good points... generalised opinion can be true at times but not always.
Fillipino girls are capable but you need to be firm or they will try playing mind games after they figure out your weak points.
Myanmar girls are in general not diva type or play mind games but you need to be paitient with them, they are very proud and as long as you don't demoralise them ( scold often) then they are generally loyal.
Even I transfer them out they still clean my house until last minutes she needs to go.
Indonesian? I'm sure there are good ones but mine ran off after 2days!,
Thanks to CCTV and other maid agent can not try to blame us for abusing the maid....
In the end I prefer slightly slower Myanmar maids... :yikes:

MATH@JOYCELIM
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by MATH@JOYCELIM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:28 pm

Thanks redsteel for sharing the info. It is true that we can know more about the ex employers and how long they have worked instead of just believing what the agencies say .
If you hire direct, some maids may say something otherwise not true which we will have to try our luck. So the best is always to get their passport, get their FIN No and full name and check out on our own. Their employment history is all at MOM portal. Most maid agencies do not provide this history which can be printed from the portal. The most accurate and reliable has to come from MOM, right?

H W W
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by H W W » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:46 pm

@esteema, do you know how to get a Myanmar maid out of Myanmar without going through an agent?