Myanmar maids

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.
H W W
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Myanmar maids

Post by H W W » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi Esteema, do you currently have any Myanmar maids looking for transfer?
Sorry, I tried sending you a pm, but I kept getting an error message saying that the requested user does not exist.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:112

Post by Estéema » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:28 pm

H W W wrote:Hi Esteema, do you currently have any Myanmar maids looking for transfer?
Sorry, I tried sending you a pm, but I kept getting an error message saying that the requested user does not exist.

Hi HWW,

Didn't know u're trying to contact me. I may hv one. Btw, I'm not an agent. Just tt I do mission work in Mynmar & hv some contacts once in a while may hv. Send me an email - gogetter54@gmail.com. Maybe too long ago, u might hv gotten yr helper. No worries

mck20
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by mck20 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:37 am

Got one to take care of my father, not bad, she's quite mild mannered and quiet, very different from the filipino maids I've had in the past

j_tohbb
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by j_tohbb » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:27 pm

Mine just returned to Myanmar. She’s capable but the next employer will have to be prepared for manipulation, lies (a lot), damages (a lot a lot) to household stuff and revenge (when she gets corrected or when she doesn’t get her way). The most ridiculous was she pried open my Iphone and denied (unfortunately, she was caught on cctv).

While she was efficient throughout her term with us, there was quite a fair bit of mind games. It was hellish during the period when she insisted on going back.

Interested to know more about Phel Zun K**, please email me at jtohbb@gmail.com.

Wish all of us luck!

Jenng317
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Jenng317 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi All, anyone having issues on Myanmar helper? Mine every month having tummy pain when she had her monthly period.. and she took a lot of pain killer.. feel like sending her home

novels
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by novels » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:51 pm

mine super forgetful. if ask her to do something that she didnt do immediately, she will forget. even routine stuff that she need to do daily, she skip 1 or 2 days, then she will forget forever. very stubborn too, like to do her own way even tell her not to for almost 2 yrs still doing the same thing. Tell lies after lies to cover her lies, never once admit her fault, must tell lies to cover it.

BTW recently she just told me a lot of her friends and relatives came to work in Spore when they are only 15 yrs old, and she was 19 yrs old when worked for me... really faint...

Keenweng2001
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Keenweng2001 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:43 pm

I am in the progress to getting a Myanmar caregiver, i want her to perform more detail medical check up in SG which is not include in the standard check up . So far , i have list down some of the disease i know of :

hepatitis B, hepatitis A, Influenza A , B an C , TB ,Norovirus Gastroenteritis (Gastric Flu),Hypertension

Any other things i should include in the checkup , please share your opinion .

Elmo_C
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Elmo_C » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Jenng317 wrote:Hi All, anyone having issues on Myanmar helper? Mine every month having tummy pain when she had her monthly period.. and she took a lot of pain killer.. feel like sending her home
I had a Myanmar one, she was quite smart, but also sensitive and stubborn. Major problem was language, she could not speak or understand English. Maybe she pretended not to understand us at times, to avoid working. She does not get along well with my mother in law, that’s the main reason we discontinued her contract.
She also has tummy pain and took painkillers initially. After a while when she is more used to SG, she got better.
Correct me if i’m wrong, I feel this is the general pattern of any new helper, regardless countries they come from.
I changed 3 helpers within a short period of time, was my first time hiring helper (had a newborn), and the Myanmar one was the longest I had (about 2 yrs).
I would still prefer Myanmar than Indonesian helper if I really need one.

Elmo_C
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Elmo_C » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:08 pm

Keenweng2001 wrote:I am in the progress to getting a Myanmar caregiver, i want her to perform more detail medical check up in SG which is not include in the standard check up . So far , i have list down some of the disease i know of :

hepatitis B, hepatitis A, Influenza A , B an C , TB ,Norovirus Gastroenteritis (Gastric Flu),Hypertension

Any other things i should include in the checkup , please share your opinion .
There’s no checkup that can cover every potential health problems of young female helpers.
I don’t think there’s a point to check hepA, influenza, Norovirus, they are acute infections that’re self limiting.
TB, HepB/C/HIV/syphilis are more important.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:112

Post by Estéema » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Agree. There's only so many 'anticipated' conditions to do health checks on.

TBH, think if these young ladies hv to leave home afar to earn money to send home, we need to be aware they'll not hv the best of conditions growing up or even their mothers may hv inherent or created (ignorantly) health vulnerabilities for these girls when they were babies/young.

My very 1st Indo girl worked 6 years with my family. Very efficient, clean, and quick learner to meet my rqmts for hygiene, cleanliness & neatness. But she is constantly squinting (tho not to level I can't tolerate).

One Mynmar helper came to my h'hold & hit it extremely well with my family. Problem is she's also type also having stomach pain, headaches & leg pain. Yet, she had never shirk on her responsibilities. Everything is done on time & DH just love the way she ironed his shirt & pants. I've on occasions brot her to TCM & she had been treated with gastritis & migraine.

My current helper had never worked as helper nor been to Spore. I had her do the medical test required as per MOM. So long as she pass it, I brot her to Spore. At least I preempt her not passing Spore side & hv to be sent back. So far. She had been very diligent, fast & detailed learner. She can communicate reasonably well with me. If I rmbr some staff I used to have, I can't fault this one for following instructions & do it right first time or promptly receive correction w/o complains. She's very mild & hardly mix with other maids, as instructed, except with her frds in church.

My gff had her helper for the last 8 years, but she had been on cholesterol & high blood medication, which she happily paid for coz she said her maid cannot afford the high medical costs. Guess just like ourselves, they're humans subject to health maladies. My DH both conditions & was told once start on this medication cannot stop owise life risks. So, question is - how will these helpers afford back home when they retire fr serving our families? Wldnt we be sending them on quick train to demise by being kind for the short-term with us?

I've learnt to come to terms to accept their minor health issues, unless they feign illness. The moment I loose trust in them, I'll buy the earliest flight & give them less then 3 hours to pack & catch their flights. No time to argue or risks their tricks in running away or rack havoc.

Home must be filled with trust & peace of mind.