how to terminate indo maid in the middle of contract?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

how to terminate indo maid in the middle of contract?

Postby sesame2319 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Need urgent help and advice.....
My indo maid who is on her second contract with me, threatened me wirh my resignation jusr now after i reprimanded her for some simple things which i been remindung her about for ages.....my tone was harsh as i really maxed out my patience over the years..

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to send her back? Any thing or sequencethay i need to take note of?
Her bad habit of didplaying superiority and refysal to admit mistakes nor habit of disrespect really puts me off......... :imdrowning: :?: :?:
Btw, yhis is the seond time threatened me with resignation after i reprimanded her in less than a year....the last time was cny 1st day....still dared to cry, spoil our new year ....

sesame2319
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: how to terminate indo maid in the middle of contract?

Postby mummy OnABudget » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:36 pm

book air ticket on the day itself then tell her let her pack under your watchful eye and cancel her work permit the day before shes due to go and then tell her if you dont go and want to stay you can be arrested as now you got no more work permit must go back

mummy OnABudget
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby isetan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Get an agent to assist in cancellation of the work permit. Some maid agencies also have the service of transporting maids to the airport.

isetan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sesame2319 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Ok, thanks all for theprompt advise, will chwck the cost of cancellation with previpus agent....hopefully not too expensive. Seems most important is wp cancelation, any udea about need for official notice of serving? Eg tiday she told me to just sebd hwr back come dec, if her contract only says need to serve each othet two weeks nitice, i can actually get her home today plus 2 weejs time without need to compwnsate her exyra but obnly the 2 weeks plus salary without breaking my side of contract responaibilities?
Do i need to get her to sign any acknowlegement leyter that she has been let go according to terms, just worrued that she may turn ard and say i dud nit pay her her due of two weeks notice!

sesame2319
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:33 pm

You can cancel the work permit yourself online. It's very easy.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy OnABudget » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:41 pm

no need give notice cause u never know what she's up to

mummy OnABudget
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby nms1 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:34 am

If the contract states two weeks notice then you are correct to say that you can just pay her for the two weeks and send her home.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby matrix0405 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:12 pm

ngl2010 wrote:You can cancel the work permit yourself online. It's very easy.

When trust is broken, it is time to let go. Sent her off soon before she give u or yr child special in yr food etc. After 2 yrs, they are usually exhausted and a long break.

matrix0405
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Domestic Help