Maid's behavior

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

can you accept your maid's behavior from below listing?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:43 am

1) maid going disco -during off day
11%
2) maid wear bikini for swimming -during off day
11%
3) maid take photo wearing sexy lingerie -at home
11%
4) maid self taking shower photo in bathroom -at home
7%
5) maid uses mobile when children are around
7%
6) maid take photo using/wearing your personal item & show it to her friends or upload in facebook
7%
7) maid take photo posing in your car
7%
8) maid chatting in group with children around
7%
9) maid take nap without finishing house chores
7%
10) maid ask for advance pay each month during rest day
11%
11) maid with tattoo
11%
12) none of above as there is nothing wrong with their behavior
No votes

Total votes : 27

Maid's behavior

Postby chrilam » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:43 am

Dear employers, kindly input your view for this survey. I will submit this report with evidence to MOM to appeal if they could review FDW weekly rest day. 90% of the maid are easily influence by 'experience' maids hanging at Lucky Plaza. Hence, maybe we should suggest MOM officer to keep an eye on FDW for us during their rest day or impose penalty/punishment on them should they misbehavior instead of employer.

Click to vote for 'unacceptable' or 12) as 'acceptable'

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by chrilam on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 12 times in total.

chrilam
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Is below maid's behavior acceptable during their rest da

Postby ngl2010 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi. Just a suggestion. Maybe you should put an option "None of the above"? Otherwise employers that do not agree to all the above things won't have their voices heard. Not voting can means they don't agree or they don't want to participate in the survey. Do you know what I mean?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:28 pm

A bit confused about 5, 8 and 9. If it is their off day, why would they still be with the children or doing chores?

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:04 pm

Some of the behaviour are also not acceptable on their working day, eg 6 and 7.

Are 9 and 10 acceptable to MOM? Is it practiced at MOM?

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 3Boys » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:08 pm

It's their off day, why are they doing chores? What's your definition of misbehaving? If they go swimming in bikini on their off day, why is it any of your business?

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Fried chicken » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:24 pm

I agree. They are helpers, not slaves. If they want to go to a disco or wear a bikini while swimming, it's their prerogative. And they shouldn't be doing chores on their off day.

Fried chicken
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Can you accept your maid's behavior from below list?

Postby chrilam » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Dear all, thanks for your suggestion & sorry for the confusion as my topic is about behavior & ethnic. I have never object to FDW weekly rest day as I do agreed that human needs break to recharge themselves. In fact, my maid was given weekly off day before MOM enforced weekly rest day this year.

Feel free to drop your comment. Maybe it is time for employer to change their mind set. :roll:

chrilam
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby chrilam » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Thank you for your suggestion & appreciated. I'm not doing this to punish any helper out there but just need to highlight to MOM that 'fresh' or 'new' maids are easily influence by 'bad' ones.

ngl2010 wrote:Hi. Just a suggestion. Maybe you should put an option "None of the above"? Otherwise employers that do not agree to all the above things won't have their voices heard. Not voting can means they don't agree or they don't want to participate in the survey. Do you know what I mean?

chrilam
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Maid's behavior

Postby POA Teacher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Your survey is about employers' attitude towards maids. Which may, or may not be reasonable.
Why should MOM take that into consideration in deciding whether FDWs should get a weekly day off?

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Maid's behavior

Postby chrilam » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:51 pm

If they can behave & discipline themselves, I guess employer can trust them more. Nobody want to be controlled by boss. With MOM guideline, we need to supervise them in whatsoever they do or act. Hence, employer has no choice but to 'refresh' their memory after every off day. I'm not sure about other helper. But my helper needs 'refreshment' after each rest day. Thus, if MOM could help on disciplinary action, I think they will have less case to handle. Actually does anyone know why Singapore maid cannot opt to live-out? I strongly agree to human rights as helper should have their life. eg. coming to our place from 6-8pm? Pardon for my ignorance

POA Teacher wrote:Your survey is about employers' attitude towards maids. Which may, or may not be reasonable.
Why should MOM take that into consideration in deciding whether FDWs should get a weekly day off?

chrilam
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help