Ex employer coming over to visit maid?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Ex employer coming over to visit maid?

Postby Love iPad » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:35 am

Would you allow?

Love iPad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Ex employer coming over to visit maid?

Postby huaywenandkenneth » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:06 pm

No. What for and why? Maid can visit ex-employer on off days if she wants to. I just find this request strange.

huaywenandkenneth
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby GLORYmum » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:20 pm

yeah really strange. and if the ex employer is a man, smells fishy all the more.

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntieM » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:54 pm

huaywenandkenneth wrote:No. What for and why? Maid can visit ex-employer on off days if she wants to. I just find this request strange.

They can make their own arrangements and meet up outside during maid's off days de.. ... :?

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby GLORYmum » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:19 pm

If the ex employer misses the maid then why not sign on the contract in the first place?

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Maybe he is not even her ex-employer but her boyfriend?
Suspicious..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Is it male or female?

If its the former, most likely they had/are having some sort of a relationship. Speaking from experience with an ex-maid of mine. This happened behind my back when she was alone at home.

If its a female employer, they probably had a good working relationship. But why is she coming over? Does your helper have off days?

My 2 ex-helpers had good working relationships with their ex-employers who were Muslims. My helpers met up with them or kept in touch on the phone occasionally. I attribute this to sharing of similar culture and religion.

Sometimes contracts are not renewed due to plausible reasons/circumstances.

You have not provided adequate details of the situation, so it can be difficult to post response or provide advice without being a tad judgemental ....

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Love iPad » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:25 pm

She is a transfer maid from a distant relative who have never visit me. I receive a call from this relative wanting to visit her to give her a bday present. Her bday is in early September and she only work for this relative 2 months only. After she was transfer to me, I realize she is not good in her job and don't follow instruction, so not very happy with her already and out of no where receive this funny request that they (couple) want to come over to visit my maid. They are so distant till they don't know my address type of relative.

Love iPad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jetsetter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Love iPad wrote:She is a transfer maid from a distant relative who have never visit me. I receive a call from this relative wanting to visit her to give her a bday present. Her bday is in early September and she only work for this relative 2 months only. After she was transfer to me, I realize she is not good in her job and don't follow instruction, so not very happy with her already and out of no where receive this funny request that they (couple) want to come over to visit my maid. They are so distant till they don't know my address type of relative.

"This relative" is male or female?

Later you changed to plural - "couple". So there's a female employer involved?

Hve they found another replacement maid?

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Love iPad » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:02 pm

The ex employer is a young couple. She was employed to look after their sick dad but decided to send him to a old folks home instead so this maid was not needed. At that time, I was looking for a maid so another relative link us up.

Love iPad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help