Renewal of Indonesian Maid Work Permit

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Renewal of Indonesian Maid Work Permit

Postby Punggolian_888 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:24 am

Hello everyone, happy new year 2014!!!

Just received the MOM renewal letter for my foreign maid. Would like to do it myself on this round. May I know for those who has already done before, which company has the cheapest Foreign Maid Insurance to sign for?

Recent check on NTUC income, $418.41 they will do all for me. DIY about $308.16 which is about 110 cheaper.

For those who already done so, please kindly chip in some info please, thank you so much.

Punggolian_888
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Renewal of Indonesian Maid Work Permit

Postby Punggolian_888 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:16 am

no one? or all engage the agency to do it again?

Punggolian_888
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby stressed mum » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:25 pm

I have done it myself many times. First You need to buy insurance and security bond . I bought from NTUC with waiver indemnity to limit my liabilty

http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/fore ... remium.asp

The security bond details get updated in 1-2 days and once you log in WPOL , reflect automatically in relevant column. very easy step by step form to fill up and submit with documents if required . You can go check after few days status and once in principle approval received , need to print security bond letter signed by witness and go to MOM with relevant documents(renewal letter signed by both employer n maid, passport, WP ,etc listed on date stated on the in principle letter.

Hope this helps

stressed mum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 33mama » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:12 pm

Punggolian_888 wrote:Hello everyone, happy new year 2014!!!

Just received the MOM renewal letter for my foreign maid. Would like to do it myself on this round. May I know for those who has already done before, which company has the cheapest Foreign Maid Insurance to sign for?

Recent check on NTUC income, $418.41 they will do all for me. DIY about $308.16 which is about 110 cheaper.

For those who already done so, please kindly chip in some info please, thank you so much.

If you may, i would like to check if you had Indonesian maid whose passport also need renewal... And how do you manage renewal of Indonesian maid passport?

When I saw your post, it reminded me my Indo maid's work permit renewal and also passport renewal.... :nailbite:

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Punggolian_888 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:14 am

stressed mum wrote:I have done it myself many times. First You need to buy insurance and security bond . I bought from NTUC with waiver indemnity to limit my liabilty

http://www.income.com.sg/insurance/fore ... remium.asp

The security bond details get updated in 1-2 days and once you log in WPOL , reflect automatically in relevant column. very easy step by step form to fill up and submit with documents if required . You can go check after few days status and once in principle approval received , need to print security bond letter signed by witness and go to MOM with relevant documents(renewal letter signed by both employer n maid, passport, WP ,etc listed on date stated on the in principle letter.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info stressed mum.

Punggolian_888
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby adribaby » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:15 am

Do we need to bring the maid along to MOM for wp renewal? How long does it take to collect the new wp card?

adribaby
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Punggolian_888 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:17 am

33mama wrote:
Punggolian_888 wrote:Hello everyone, happy new year 2014!!!

If you may, i would like to check if you had Indonesian maid whose passport also need renewal... And how do you manage renewal of Indonesian maid passport?

When I saw your post, it reminded me my Indo maid's work permit renewal and also passport renewal.... :nailbite:

Hello, I'm currently only looking to renew the work permit only as my maid passport will be expire only on Dec 2016. IF you already went through and got any info please kindly share it here ok! Many thanks..

Punggolian_888
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby chixchix » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:20 pm

Isn't renewing WP easy ? just log into MOM with your sing pass, then buy new insurance.cheapeast is $246.10 Anda Insurance :wink:

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby stressed mum » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:47 pm

No need to bring maid to MOM . Just Passport, WP and letters on day stated

I renewed my Indo maids passport few years ago. However at that time did not hv KTLN card etc. i remember had to take maid to embassy as both employer n maid need to sign agreement in front of embassy officer. 2 visits in total at that time !

stressed mum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Punggolian_888 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:30 am

chixchix wrote:Isn't renewing WP easy ? just log into MOM with your sing pass, then buy new insurance.cheapeast is $246.10 Anda Insurance :wink:

Can I have the address of Anda Insurance? Thank you. You should posted earlier as I just bought from AVA Insurance at $299 :dancing:

Punggolian_888
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help