Domestic Helper looking after the Aged

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Domestic Helper looking after the Aged

Postby CarrotTree » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Anyone has useful tips to offer what to look out for to handle domestic helpers looking after the aged parents and to look out for abuse ?

Also can share experiences too if any so that can learn from this tips

:thankyou:

CarrotTree
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Domestic Helper looking after the Aged

Postby CarrotTree » Fri May 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Mum used to be very independent and domineering over everyone but after she became frail and weak recently we employed an experienced Indo maid to keep her company during the day and to take care of her.
Just barely 4 months, mum seems to be so afraid to lose this maid and afraid of her. Although she knows the maid steals things from the household she is unwilling to expose her and even speaks up for the maid.

This experienced maid is good is smart and good in doing housework. But she is dishonest and arrognant and shows face. Unwilling to accept instructions and even argues with mum especially when there is no one at home.

Recenlty also stole things from my house when maid and mum came to stay with my household for a few days. Mum even ask me to overlook this bad character on account that she needs the maid
I am in dilemma now. Is there a mental abuse or emotional abuse from maid such that mum seems so afraid to lose her.

Any advice or similar experience to share?

CarrotTree
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 12mum » Fri May 16, 2014 11:51 pm

Your mum is fragile but still mentally alert and the maid is already not behaving herself....send the maid away. Your mum should not be subjected to such sufferings. To live in fear for the rest of your life is inhuman.

Get a new maid and if possible send both the maid and your mum to a day care centre. This is one option my family and I are looking at in the near future for my eldest sister when she is discharged from hospital. Our Last option is to put her in a private nursing home and do without the maid. :shrug: :sad:

12mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Sat May 17, 2014 12:48 am

CarrotTree, the helper needs to be fired asap.

There is no peace of mind for anyone in the house. The helper will be helping herself to even more, who knows, she may even come up with other antics, knowing no one dares to report her or send her back.

I hope things will improve soon for your mother. I feel sad for you and your mother, to go through this horrid experience with this helper. :hugs:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby moonee » Sat May 17, 2014 4:05 am

Oh my!! u are employing a thief n u know it, please send her away and ban her frm comin back! better do it fast before yr mum get too used to her.

moonee
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby zbear » Sat May 17, 2014 9:28 am

I agree with all the mums here. Don't let the maid control your mum. Fire her ASAP.

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby POA Teacher » Sat May 17, 2014 9:39 am

Explain to your mum that you will get a replacement maid.
Your mum may be worried that she won't have a maid to be with her if you send this maid off.
She may also be worried that you may resort to the alternative of sending her to a nursing home.

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Glimm3 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:43 am

Hi,
I have an Indonesian maid ready for transfer.
She just came back recently after working here for 3 years for previous employer.
I employed her to take care of my mum but my mum refused to have a maid at home.
She is with me for 2 weeks only.
She is 30 years (looks much younger) and is pleasant.
Good in English, no problem in communication.
She can cook and do marketing on her own.
Basic salary $480 + $35 for 2 off-days in lieu (means she will have 2 off days per month).
If you are interested, please sms me at HP : 97410953.
P.S. I am not an agent.

Glimm3
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby straffan23 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:15 am

There's a maid that is quite experienced with eldercare. But she is 44 years old. I almost got her but the agent played me out. Anyway, I noticed that she is up for transfer again (I think the elderly passed on).... If you are keen please PM me - I can link you to the bio. She has a very pleasing and gentle face... though I do not have anything good to say about the agency!

straffan23
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby novels » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:47 pm

straffan23 wrote:There's a maid that is quite experienced with eldercare. But she is 44 years old. I almost got her but the agent played me out. Anyway, I noticed that she is up for transfer again (I think the elderly passed on).... If you are keen please PM me - I can link you to the bio. She has a very pleasing and gentle face... though I do not have anything good to say about the agency!

Hi Straffan

I am looking for an indo helper to take care of my 81 yrs old fil that gonna discharge soon from hospital. If you have any lobang, pls let me know.

thanks in advance.

regards
jess

novels
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help