Add extra baggage weight when buying maid's airticket?

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Add extra baggage weight when buying maid's airticket?

Postby doryfish » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:44 am

Anyone add extra baggage weight when buying maid's airticket home after their contract? Maid said her friend have 20 kg for budget airlines.

doryfish
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Add extra baggage weight when buying maid's airticket?

Postby doryfish » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:58 am

Another issue from my maid. She wants to make new passport before going home. However, I have already bought her airticket. Can she still make new passport before departure?

doryfish
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jtoh » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:01 am

doryfish wrote:Another issue from my maid. She wants to make new passport before going home. However, I have already bought her airticket. Can she still make new passport before departure?

It's cheaper for her to renew her passport in her home country than in Singapore.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby POA Teacher » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:24 pm

Where is your maid from?
If she's Indon, the passport is now very cheap to renew here. Less than $100, is just $60+ if I remember correctly. Doubt that it would be much/ any cheaper to do it back home.
Not like years ago. The first time I renewed an Indon pp, it cost $300+ :yikes:

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby doryfish » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:47 pm

My maid from Myanmar. She said renew here taxes are lower although passport fee are higher.

doryfish
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby huaywenandkenneth » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:40 pm

If she is not coming back there is no need to renew her passport. Otherwise she will just go back for a few weeks and come back immediately as an "experienced" maid. This was wha happened to my previous maid, though I didn't have to renew her passport.

I bought 25kg for all my maids who have returned home, out of goodwill since it was supposed to be their last trip back and they would have bought stuff for their family.

huaywenandkenneth
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby doryfish » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Thanks to all for your advice.

doryfish
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 33mama » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:13 am

POA Teacher wrote:Where is your maid from?
If she's Indon, the passport is now very cheap to renew here. Less than $100, is just $60+ if I remember correctly. Doubt that it would be much/ any cheaper to do it back home.
Not like years ago. The first time I renewed an Indon pp, it cost $300+ :yikes:

Hi POA teacher,

can you advise me how to go about renewing indo maid passport? what documents needed? How many times u go embassy and what else?

Thanks!!!

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 33mama » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:16 am

doryfish wrote:Anyone add extra baggage weight when buying maid's airticket home after their contract? Maid said her friend have 20 kg for budget airlines.

in my opinion, if my maid is good, i will add on baggage weight for her... if she anyhow do things in my home... then nono.

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby doryfish » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:14 am

Hi 33mama,

Actually my maid really anyhow do things for me. She is very stubborn. Never do things right even after 2 years. She will say forget everytime when I question her. Changing maid is very hassle plus my husband don't support me so I tolerated her nonsense. This time she told me she is going back to get married so I take the opportunity to find new helper. Again, she ask me any meals inclusive when she fly budget airlines!

doryfish
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help