Feedback on FDW on MOM website

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Feedback on FDW on MOM website

Postby Hiaweh » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:58 pm

How do I feedback about a FDW at the MOM website where it is available for prospective employers? TIA

Hiaweh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Feedback on FDW on MOM website

Postby st2 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:35 pm

I used the general feedback form to ask MOM how may I feed back on the maid. Left my email etc. they never even bother to reply me. That was 4 weeks ago.

I thought it was a new feature that could help us employers. How disappointing!!!!

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Dorsetrex » Sat May 10, 2014 10:47 am

I have feedback to MOM on several occasions but met with no reply from them. All I have got was an automatic reply that says to wait for 3 days.

I was trying to apply my maid's workpermit online. Gosh it was a tedious process as there were no clear instructions. I was charged a total of $90 for incomplete submission. MOM charge $30 for each application. Since there were no step by step instructions and for first timer applicants like myself, I found myself getting charged for failed/incomplete submissions. I thought it is an unfair practice. How can they penalise the applicants if there were no help given in the first place? They should only charge when it is successful.

I would suggest that MOM can consider having a checklist at the end of each submission to help the applicant run through and indicate that each submission whether successful or not be charged $30. This would be a fair practice.

I wrote in to feedback and there's no reply. I hope someone in MOM is reading this. And on top of that, perhaps MOM can offer a hotline help since all these email feedback has gone into a black hole.

Dorsetrex
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby trimummy » Sat May 10, 2014 5:49 pm

I left a comment on the MOM website and they did email me a few days later informing me that they cannot blacklist or ban my ex-maid because I did not report to the police. So what they asked me was if I wanted to be my ex-maid's referee on her work experience and i said yes. Then they said if she has any future prospective employer they will let them employer know then the employer can choose to contact me for reference. if the employer still chooses to employ her then they will not block her from coming into SIN.

trimummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby st2 » Wed May 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi trimummy and all

Where and how on the MOM website did you do the feedback that they responded? Thank you.

I email them using the feedback form, did not hear from MOM nor did I receive any reply email.

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Dorsetrex » Wed May 21, 2014 9:29 pm

I used the "feedback" , "enquiry" and "FDW" tab, under ' contact us'. I think the feedback tab do not response with the automatic reply. The FDW did have the automatic reply. I supposed they don't have enough manpower to send us any reply.

Dorsetrex
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby st2 » Fri May 23, 2014 1:51 am

Dorsetrex

Thanks for sharing.

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Domestic Help