do I transfer maid or send her back

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

do I transfer maid or send her back

Postby kaisuparents » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:02 pm

My maid is with us since 11 months. I don't want to keep her further. Do I send her back to Indonesia or transfer her. Do I need to give her notice, if so how many days notice. Do I need to give her choice of flying back or transfer or I can decide.
Thanks

kaisuparents
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: do I transfer maid or send her back

Postby st2 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:39 am

I suggest you go through your contract first to see what the terms are.

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sembgal » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:58 am

kaisuparents wrote:My maid is with us since 11 months. I don't want to keep her further. Do I send her back to Indonesia or transfer her. Do I need to give her notice, if so how many days notice. Do I need to give her choice of flying back or transfer or I can decide.
Thanks

Hi, I know of another family who has a maid of about 11 months and the family chose to send the maid home. You may have to check with your agency about this.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chixchix » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:23 am

Why don't you ask her what she wants ? If she wants to work, let her stay & find an employer. If you want , I can help you ask around if anyone needs a maid. Or ask her to advertise on Gumtree lah

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby POA Teacher » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:11 am

kaisuparents wrote:My maid is with us since 11 months. I don't want to keep her further. Do I send her back to Indonesia or transfer her. Do I need to give her notice, if so how many days notice. Do I need to give her choice of flying back or transfer or I can decide.
Thanks

Why don't you want to keep her any further?
Is it because she is problematic?
If so, send her home. Don't pass the headache to someone else.

Is she is an ok maid, but due to change in circumstances you don't need her now?
If this is so, then help her get a transfer.

POA Teacher
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kaisuparents » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:54 am

Hi,
I will be sending my indonesian maid back to Indonesia. I don't want to transfer her. She finished 11 months, no outstanding loan. As per the contract it states either party can terminate by giving 1 week notice.
Does it imply i need to give her 1 week notice, I am worried if I give her 1 week time she may throw tantrums.
Can I give her 1 day notice, tell her tomorrow is your flight, do you shopping and packing today.
Thanks

kaisuparents
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby st2 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:10 pm

1 week notice can be 1 week's pay in lieu.

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Hiaweh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:14 pm

kaisuparents wrote:Hi,
I will be sending my indonesian maid back to Indonesia. I don't want to transfer her. She finished 11 months, no outstanding loan. As per the contract it states either party can terminate by giving 1 week notice.
Does it imply i need to give her 1 week notice, I am worried if I give her 1 week time she may throw tantrums.
Can I give her 1 day notice, tell her tomorrow is your flight, do you shopping and packing today.
Thanks

What is the reason you are terminating her? If it is breach of contract, then don't have to give notice or compensate.

Hiaweh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby st2 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Do the standard contracts define what is breach of contract on the maid's end?

I seem to recall only breach of contract issues between employer and agency.

I suspected my maid of stealing money but it's hard to prove.

When I watched her pack on the day of departure, she was acting suspiciously, kept asking me is it now, now have to pack?

I found money, earings, HP, my lipsticks in her dirty laundry.

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Hiaweh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Does breach of trust constitute breach of contract if it is stated that fdw must be honest in the course of her work? Mine was caught by me taking things without permission and also admitted to it with agent as the witness. And that happened only a few months working with us.

Hiaweh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help