Maid request to go back after 14 days

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Maid request to go back after 14 days

Postby Pipiju » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:32 pm

My Myanmar maid request to go back to agency after working 14 days at my place. Agency asked me to get replacement maid but I refused because their service is no good, maids not trained and they told me too many lies. Now agency is charging me $500 termination fee, $15 per day for maid's lodging until she find a new employer and I'm continuing to pay for her levy.

What should I do? This maid is extremely silly and I spent a stressful 14 days trying to teach her, in the end she said she wants to go back. My $600+ agency & processing fee gone and I have to fork out more money for her lodging and termination. I think this is very unfair for employers.

Pipiju
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:18 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Maid request to go back after 14 days

Postby Jennifer » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Pipiju wrote:My Myanmar maid request to go back to agency after working 14 days at my place. Agency asked me to get replacement maid but I refused because their service is no good, maids not trained and they told me too many lies. Now agency is charging me $500 termination fee, $15 per day for maid's lodging until she find a new employer and I'm continuing to pay for her levy.

What should I do? This maid is extremely silly and I spent a stressful 14 days trying to teach her, in the end she said she wants to go back. My $600+ agency & processing fee gone and I have to fork out more money for her lodging and termination. I think this is very unfair for employers.


Call MOM to ask for advice.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23754
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 111


Re: Maid request to go back after 14 days

Postby mickeymickey » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:06 am

If you look at MOM Standard Service Agreement, i think you should refer such disputes to CASE for unfair practise… your agency should not be charging you any termination fees.

Maybe only loan can be prorated and refunded back… if they put her in boarding then yes you need to pay levy and boarding fees.

That reminds me why do people bother to go take Myanmar maids, not only can't they not communicate ,,they don't even complete 1 year with employers.. yeah I know maybe agency fees is cheaper for them lay .but they give more headache ,,same with cambodia maids

mickeymickey
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:50 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Maid request to go back after 14 days

Postby janet88 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:11 am

mickeymickey wrote:That reminds me why do people bother to go take Myanmar maids, not only can't they not communicate ,,they don't even complete 1 year with employers.. yeah I know maybe agency fees is cheaper for them lay .but they give more headache ,,same with cambodia maids


brother had a Myanmar maid...didn't last 6 months.
can't communicate with her, super stubborn and has no initiative.
even if Cambodia maids are avail, if they are not willing to learn, it's the same. Indonesian maids are super at learning languages.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 34817
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 114


Re: Maid request to go back after 14 days

Postby Pipiju » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:20 pm

mickeymickey wrote:If you look at MOM Standard Service Agreement, i think you should refer such disputes to CASE for unfair practise… your agency should not be charging you any termination fees.

Maybe only loan can be prorated and refunded back… if they put her in boarding then yes you need to pay levy and boarding fees.

That reminds me why do people bother to go take Myanmar maids, not only can't they not communicate ,,they don't even complete 1 year with employers.. yeah I know maybe agency fees is cheaper for them lay .but they give more headache ,,same with cambodia maids


I thought its unfair for me to have to continue to pay the levy and boarding fees. The agency highly recommend this maid and say they interview her personally in Myanmar, gave her very high scoring and yet she doesn't even know how to wash a cup. I spent time to train her and hire my part time helper to teach her. She cried many times at my place and told me she missed home and wants to go back agency. I sent her back immediately but was told I need to pay $500 termination and $15 per day lodging. The maid finally found a new employer to take her after 20 plus days. At the end of the day, maid found new employer, agency got a new customer but I'm spending close to 2k for nothing. I think this is not fair for me.

Pipiju
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:18 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Maid request to go back after 14 days

Postby st2 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:42 pm

That is why we should not allow maids transfer. They will keep asking to go back agency, laze around, find new employer, not happy, go back agency laze around again, until they find an employer they like.............we like idiots, paying lodging and levy up to 21 days......

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Maid request to go back after 14 days

Postby isetan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:57 pm

That's happen to my myanmar maid also. Come just 4 months. Super lazy and act blur. She was caught by my CCTV camera sleeping on the sofa while the family is not ard. Considering to terminate her also.

isetan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:45 pm
Total Likes: 5


Re: Maid request to go back after 14 days

Postby janet88 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:06 am

st2 wrote:That is why we should not allow maids transfer. They will keep asking to go back agency, laze around, find new employer, not happy, go back agency laze around again, until they find an employer they like.............we like idiots, paying lodging and levy up to 21 days......


Maids are very calculative...if the place is big, have big family to look after and if just one maid, she will not be keen to work. They are choosing employers to work for...basically looking for easy jobs.
Problem is if these maids are new, they have debts to repay...how can they be sent back? So employers will be the fools, paying money daily for these lazy bums to sit in the agency until someone wants them.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 34817
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 114


Re: Maid request to go back after 14 days

Postby pirate » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:14 am

mickeymickey wrote:That reminds me why do people bother to go take Myanmar maids, not only can't they not communicate ,,they don't even complete 1 year with employers.. yeah I know maybe agency fees is cheaper for them lay .but they give more headache ,,same with cambodia maids

This is an overbroad generalization.

We have a Myanmar helper. In fact she was a "transfer" sent back to the agency by the previous employer for being a 'slow learner'. Of course, she is nowhere near the perfect helper that so many employer seem to expect, but not only did she complete her contract with us, we have renewed her contract. All it takes is some patience, empathy and reasonable expectation.

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:09 pm
Total Likes: 165


Re: Maid request to go back after 14 days

Postby pirate » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:20 am

janet_lee88 wrote:Maids are very calculative...if the place is big, have big family to look after and if just one maid, she will not be keen to work.

If the place is big, have big family to look after, one needs two helpers, not one.

PS. I know. I am not saying popular things here. :wink:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:09 pm
Total Likes: 165


Next

Return to Domestic Help