Recommendation for reliable plumber

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Recommendation for reliable plumber

Postby Imp75 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:37 am

hi everyone

Would appreciate if someone could recommend me a reliable and cost-effective plumber to repair leaking toilet bowl issue. Saw horror stories on the internet with exorbitant charges by some plumbers.

Many thanks

Imp75
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Recommendation for reliable plumber

Postby LOVINGMUM88 » Tue May 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi Imp75,

You can try Roger mobile : 9025 0749.

His charges are negotiable

LOVINGMUM88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kitty2 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:47 am

Mr Lim at 90625799

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby happy to be mum » Wed May 21, 2014 8:57 am

Mine also another Mr Lim at 9672 0760

happy to be mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kitty2 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:01 am

happy to be mum wrote:Mine also another Mr Lim at 9672 0760

May i know his charges for changing a tap?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dolphinsiah » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:51 am

kitty2 wrote:Mr Lim at 90625799

Mr Lim - Service Good and Price reasonable...
He help me changed - 2 toilet Washing Sink Chrome Bell Traps - charged me a total of SGD130 for 2 hours job including material.

Before engaging Mr Lim, a few quoted me the price of replacing- 1 Chrome Bell trap all Above SGD100-SGD200.

So Mr Lim is an honest Plumber...Higher Recommended. :xedfingers:

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby GiftedGem » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:30 pm

Just to share, my sis in law ganna slaughtered by one registered plumber with Toa Payoh Bishan Town Council. Thinking that it would be safer to use registered plumber, but it proved her wrong. Hers was the toilet cistern which kept leaking. Prior to asking him come over, it was quoted around $110

After the boss arrived with his assistant with examination and halfway thru the job, it claimed that one of items broken ( which was initially ok ) and further raised the price to $170 then.

As this was done halfway, there's no way to stop so sis in law bo bian but to agree to $170. She requested for the broken item to be left behind.

Thereafter it was fixed, sis in law went to those hardware shops and asked for indicative price and was told that the item was merely $10 the most.

She was upset being shortchanged as well as finding the plumber for being unethical ( given the item was actually not broken before fixing ). She escalated the complaint to Town Council on so called the authorized plumber in the list but not being ethical.

The officer in charge was the worst w/o making concerted effort and till now, it is still in the TC's list.

GiftedGem
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zbear » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:17 pm

GiftedGem wrote:Just to share, my sis in law ganna slaughtered by one registered plumber with Toa Payoh Bishan Town Council. Thinking that it would be safer to use registered plumber, but it proved her wrong. Hers was the toilet cistern which kept leaking. Prior to asking him come over, it was quoted around $110

After the boss arrived with his assistant with examination and halfway thru the job, it claimed that one of items broken ( which was initially ok ) and further raised the price to $170 then.

As this was done halfway, there's no way to stop so sis in law bo bian but to agree to $170. She requested for the broken item to be left behind.

Thereafter it was fixed, sis in law went to those hardware shops and asked for indicative price and was told that the item was merely $10 the most.

She was upset being shortchanged as well as finding the plumber for being unethical ( given the item was actually not broken before fixing ). She escalated the complaint to Town Council on so called the authorized plumber in the list but not being ethical.

The officer in charge was the worst w/o making concerted effort and till now, it is still in the TC's list.

If Town Council didn't do anything, can escalate to MP or report to CASE?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lee_yl » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:41 pm

Oh gosh! This was exactly what happened to me some years back and I am surprised to see the same old tactic still being used to go around cheating one after another.

I was quoted $200 to repair my old water heater tank. While I was hesitating, the plumber told me my WC pipe was leaking and another pipe was chocked! That's another $220. Before I could say to let me think over it first, the plumber "cut" a section of the pipe and showed me. If I refuse to pay, he would leave it as such, and as a result, I couldn't even turn on the tap. Never mind. I paid him $400 after some bargaining.

At the same night, I went to make a police report (a case of threatening right?). Next, I rang the press and 新明 and Straits Times reporters came down. Next, I went to CASE to seek a refund (the cheats were stupid enough to issue me a receipt, haha!). I also called up PUB to ask them to blacklist this particular plumber.

I called up SPH to scold them for allowing such crooks to advertise in Classified Ads and told them a police report has been filed. Immediately, Classified Ads started to require that plumbers need to provide their PUB-issued license number before they are allowed to advertise so that in case of cheating, anyone can file a complaint with PUB and have the errant plumber's license revoke!

The errant plumber got himself into trouble and was called by Tanglin Police to be interviewed a few times. Then CASE wrote to him followed and being highly stressed, he called back in a week's time to refund me the $400! :nunchuk:

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Domestic Help