Direct hire Indo maid

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Direct hire Indo maid

Postby dianeingrid » Tue May 20, 2014 9:01 pm

If anyone has done this recently, please help advise how to.

I am thinking of hiring an Indo maid who is a friend's maid's friend. However, her employer refuses to transfer her and wants to send her off to Batam instead. She said she can just hop on a ferry back here but how do I get the paperwork done so that she can come into Singapore?

Appreciate any advise.

dianeingrid
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Direct hire Indo maid

Postby chixchix » Wed May 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Lol i don't think so easy.. many girls get caught ,,unless you get an agency to help you lah. Agencies normally know how to get a maid in..my agent may be able to help you ,,you can PM me for the number

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Glimm3 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:41 am

Hi,
I have an Indonesian maid ready for transfer.
She just came back recently after working here for 3 years for previous employer.
I employed her to take care of my mum but my mum refused to have a maid at home.
She is with me for 2 weeks only.
She is 30 years (looks much younger) and is pleasant.
Good in English, no problem in communication.
She can cook and do marketing on her own.
Basic salary $480 + $35 for 2 off-days in lieu (means she will have 2 off days per month).
If you are interested, please sms me at HP : 97410953.
P.S. I am not an agent.

Glimm3
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby breezie80 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:23 pm

hi, anyone can share their experience of direct hire indo maid? tks

breezie80
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby twinstar3393 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:31 am

hi autumnleave76, can you share the contact of the agency? Thanks.

twinstar3393
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby breezie80 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:20 pm

hi autumn leave76, can pm me the contact of the agency? tks

breezie80
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Jaylimgc » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 pm

autumnleave76 wrote:autumnleave76

Post subject: Re: Getting Indon maid back direct without going agency

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:02 pm

KiasuNewbie

Layla wrote:
peapot wrote:

If the maid has KTLN card then no way will the customs in Indonesia believe that she is coming to spore as tourist. Once the card is made, the customs is able to track their workers easily. This may affect the maid leaving Indonesia if no Indonesia agent is involved.

We need employers who has recently gone thru direct hire to tell us more.

I agree, that's my concern too. I have a direct new hire (my maid's SIL) but now headache too cos I used to do all documents myself but this SIL is 1st timer. I would need her to attend the safety course too.
How about if we don't do the KTKLN card? 2 years cannot go back la?
I asked agent. Even for direct hire, agent collects at least $2400 from maid and $3000 from employer
When I got the maid myself and just for doing paperwork?
So maddening and frustrating

Hi all,

For those who want to "direct-hire" ex-SG Indonesian maids coming back from Indonesia or even fresh Indonesian maids recommended by your own friend or maid in whatever way, I would like to share with you this useful information & contact my sister-in-law and I have jointly gathered by chance.

My sister-in-law has just "direct-hire" a matured but submissive ex-SG Indon maid through one humble but professional and fair agency run by Indonesian lady & and her SG husband.

The maid told my sister-in-law that she only want to follow this particular agency because MOM officers and her friends (Indonesian maids) told her this is the only maid agency that charges very small fees to both employers and Indonesian maids whether this agent finds employers for the maids or the maids find employer themselves for "direct-hiring" and coming in from Indonesia through this Singapore agency's Indonesia agent .

The Indon maid had worked for her ex-employer for 3 and half year without going home to Indonesia. Her ex-employer withheld this maid's $5200 salary ( about 10 months' salary) despite the maid's recent begging and telling the employer that she had to go back to Indon to attend her son's wedding. But the employer said she would only pay the maid after the maid has come back to complete the remaining contract , if not the employer would use the salary to pay for the cost for employing a new maid which cost a few thousand dollars??

The maid had had no choice but to "run away" to MOM after the employer's neighbours and other maids advised her to do so. MOM officers investigated and then cancelled the maid's work permit and gave her a "Special Pass" to stay in MOM boarding house pending employer's admitting wrong , paying up the salary and conclusion of the case .

The maid went out on Sunday off-days and got to know other Indonesian maids who stay nearby my sister-in-law and then introduced her to my sister-in-law. These Indonesian maids knew about the maid agency concerned and all in one accord told my sister-in-law that this agency is "very good" and that their own employers also praised that this small unknown maid agency is "very honest and fair".

My sister-in-law and I and the maid went down to this small maid agency located at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre by appointment on Sunday ( They open by appointment ONLY) to enquire about the "direct-hire" process for the agency to handle everything in Indonesia by its Indonesia agent , handle all the necessary in Singapore with MOM application, purchase insurance & security Bond, pick-up the maid from harbour Front , go for medical check-ups , thumbprint , signing all MOM agreements and documents required by MOM like "Safety Agreement", "Employment Contract", "Salary Schedule" ... My sister-in-law and I got very patient, detailed, transparent & professional advice on the rules and process from the small and unknown "husband-and wife team" agency located in a remote corner of Bukit Timah Shopping Centre.

We were advised on the pros and cons of "direct-hiring" , what we could help and should not help the maid to pay upfront...We were told that No KTKLN is needed, no worries about having to report to Indonesian Embassy to sign anything . The maid only have to report to this agency's Indonesian counter-part agent in Batam to get all the necessary done.
Then a very detailed "Direct-Hire Agreement" was signed.

Three weeks later, the maid's ex-employer "surrendered" to MOM, paid up all the $5,200 and the maid reported to MOM investigation officers to receive the $5,200 and got the air-ticket for leaving Singapore. The maid told MOM officers that she had found her own employer and a "good maid agency" who charges her only a small fee to come back to work again. When she showed the name card of the maid agency to the MOM officers, the officers immediately told her that she was very luck to have found a "Good agency" !! Testimonies from MOM officers!!

My sister-in-law and I never need to worry about any thing or do anything. We only had to pay for an unbelievable small total sum of only $1461 all-in including Insurance , "run-away bond protector" , MOM work permit costs.. agency fee , Batam agent 's cost and the maid's about half-a-month's "Loan" only and wait for the maid to come into Singapore again. And true enough the maid arrived again without KTKLN... happily working for my sister-in-law , got her salary paid after working ONLY one month for my sister-in-law.

My sister-in-law and I have been told that other friends who "direct-hired" their Indon maids got to pay agency fee and cost etc up to $2,000 and maids also have loan of 2 months to 5 months salary totalling $3,000 to $4,500++ as against our $1461!!

So my sister-in-law and I would like to share: Famed and Big corporatised maid agencies which charge us very big fees on employers and maids do not guarantee good outcomes while unnoticeable, small and humble maid agency run by small family business could end up offering much better , reliable and professional services to both employers and maids.

Hi,

Please pm me the contact. Tks

Jaylimgc
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby zilojian » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:11 pm

hi autumn leave76, can pm me the contact of the agency?

Many Thanks

zilojian
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phoenixfoong » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi Autumnleave76,
Can pm me the agency? Tks a lot

phoenixfoong
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kiankian8899 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:33 am

Recently Indonesia govt is trying to clamp down direct hiring. Maids have to go for 40 days mandatory training so they can get KTKLN and Bank's loan (around $1.6k for Java maids and $1.8k for outside Java). Even with 40 days mandatory training, they are not able to meet your requirement of "ideal Maid". Employers need to adjust the expectation and maids need to adjust very quickly to new environment.

kiankian8899
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Domestic Help