Maid's interview with MOM

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Maid's interview with MOM

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:21 pm

I have taken a new maid early this year
I received a letter from MOM last week for a interview with my maid, saying it is a random one checking how she is settling in , etc - . Dunno what is this all about, agent says its random interview that they do to for new maids so that they practice safety and talk about working conditions, so far only her Caucasian employers had received such letter though.

Never had one for my previous maids, so I am wondering ...
Anyone taken maid for such interview? Any feedback ? Thanks.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Maid's interview with MOM

Postby jtoh » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:29 pm

It could be random or it could be that your maid filled in an MOM-issued complaint form. Just a real inconvenience bec you have to take time off to send her there and back.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:20 pm

jtoh wrote:It could be random or it could be that your maid filled in an MOM-issued complaint form. Just a real inconvenience bec you have to take time off to send her there and back.

Thank... The agent told me the maid hasnt told her anything, and she seems quite ok now though she did take a couple of months to adjust to this environment - she was a little homesick, weather was too hot for her. Now it is more than 5 months - she has settled into her routine now.

I am going for a vacation next week, now added headache have to take half a day off for this.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby matrix0405 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:13 am

Sun_2010 wrote:
jtoh wrote:It could be random or it could be that your maid filled in an MOM-issued complaint form. Just a real inconvenience bec you have to take time off to send her there and back.

Thank... The agent told me the maid hasnt told her anything, and she seems quite ok now though she did take a couple of months to adjust to this environment - she was a little homesick, weather was too hot for her. Now it is more than 5 months - she has settled into her routine now.

I am going for a vacation next week, now added headache have to take half a day off for this.

Will MOM be giving you $10 for 1/2 day maid salary, $ for your 1/2 day leave and cover transportation cost?

matrix0405
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hquek » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:45 am

eh...MOM can cancel the work permit. How that in exchange? :siam:

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:02 am

matrix0405 wrote:
Sun_2010 wrote:

Will MOM be giving you $10 for 1/2 day maid salary, $ for your 1/2 day leave and cover transportation cost?

I wish :lol:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:04 am

hquek wrote:eh...MOM can cancel the work permit. How that in exchange? :siam:

:wrongmove:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Sun_2010, joking la...joking. It's definitely a hassle and who knows what the maid may tell the officers. Anyway, don't think you have anything to worry about.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:48 pm

hquek wrote:Sun_2010, joking la...joking. It's definitely a hassle and who knows what the maid may tell the officers. Anyway, don't think you have anything to worry about.

I know, the bite was for MOM :wink:

The problem is her English is very weak. And best part is she will nod her head eagerly even when she did not understand or is blur about the instructions, experienced it so many times. But she has quite good attitude and is determined to stay, even when she felt home sick initially.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JJ1111 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:08 pm

Few years ago yes. They ask some routine questions. Vividly I remember my maid told me they asked:-

1) What is her working hours?
2) Did we give her food?
3) Where and who she sleep with? Etc.

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help