To transfer or to send back maid

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

To transfer or to send back maid

Postby piglet and calf » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi,
I intend to give up my helper as it is not working for me.
She has been working for me for 3 years. the first 2 years have been good that's why we renew the contract but recent few months, she is showing her attitude, always on the phone talking, lots of housework not done.
We decided to stop getting helper
Should I send her back or put her up for transfer? But my husband does not want her to be in our house while waiting for transfer. So where can I place here? any hostel?
Need some advice here.

piglet and calf
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: To transfer or to send back maid

Postby Angelique » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:40 pm

Send her to agency for transfer if she didn't do anything criminal but give date when you will cancel WP or maid will shop for employer taking her time.
Some agencies send maid to JB while processing paper so if you gave her 1 week at agent then she can find an employer then leave sg. You are only responsible for her to leave SG.

Angelique
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby st2 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:53 pm

You might want to check your contract, what it says about transfer and up keep. What contract did you use for renew?

st2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby fruitpunch23 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Send her back. One way ticket

fruitpunch23
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby erislee » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:30 pm

easy is send her back... u send back agency they charge u lodging fees add up is nearly same with air ticket.. if cannot find ppl to take over end up u still pay air ticket..

erislee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Domestic Help