Repairing parquet floor

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Repairing parquet floor

Postby ammonite » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:07 am

I have a hole in a parquet floor and I would like to make a moveable parquet cover in place, probably a 15cm square. Does anyone know of a place that can do this and the approximate cost?

Thank you!

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2223
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:13 am
Total Likes: 64


Re: Repairing parquet floor

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:51 am

ammonite wrote:I have a hole in a parquet floor and I would like to make a moveable parquet cover in place, probably a 15cm square. Does anyone know of a place that can do this and the approximate cost?

Thank you!


You mean you have a missing plank(?)?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14662
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 148


Re: Repairing parquet floor

Postby ammonite » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:00 pm

I mean I have a slight crack in a tile and my kids started digging and breaking more bits unknown to me until I have a fairly big hole in the floor. :cry:

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2223
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:13 am
Total Likes: 64


Re: Repairing parquet floor

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:11 pm

ammonite wrote:I mean I have a slight crack in a tile and my kids started digging and breaking more bits unknown to me until I have a fairly big hole in the floor. :cry:


:slapshead: They playing Bob the builder?
So what is a parquet cover? The hole very big?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14662
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 148


Re: Repairing parquet floor

Postby peggy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:15 pm

You may try Cheap & Beauty Parquet Pte Ltd. Maybe can try to google for the contact number.

peggy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:12 am
Total Likes: 0



Re: Repairing parquet floor

Postby ammonite » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:18 pm

They have super itchy fingers! It was their secret project for a while. :slapshead:

I left it for a few years but I thought I should finally fix it now. I want to cut out a square as it covers a floor trap under and make a removable cover in place. It would take forever to get the original carpenter in to do it as it is not worth their time, but if I cannot find someone who will take on a small project like this, I will continue to badger the original maker...

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2223
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:13 am
Total Likes: 64


Re: Repairing parquet floor

Postby ammonite » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:19 pm

peggy wrote:You may try Cheap & Beauty Parquet Pte Ltd. Maybe can try to google for the contact number.


Cheap and beauty sounds like what I need, man. Thanks! Will google!

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2223
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:13 am
Total Likes: 64


Re: Repairing parquet floor

Postby Jennifer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:36 pm

Can post pic of the hole?

I need some repairs to the parquet floors in the boys' rooms too. Normal wear n tear, I guess. When we moved in, we did not change the flooring.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23241
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: Repairing parquet floor

Postby ammonite » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 pm

Jennifer wrote:Can post pic of the hole?

I need some repairs to the parquet floors in the boys' rooms too. Normal wear n tear, I guess. When we moved in, we did not change the flooring.


Sorry, I haven't gotten round to setting up the photo account etc to upload photos. :sweat:

But if it is just normal wear and tear, you can arrange for a resanding and polishing of the entire floor. But you will have to move all your furniture and seal up all holes for the job, so also not that easy.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2223
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:13 am
Total Likes: 64


Re: Repairing parquet floor

Postby Jennifer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:24 pm

ammonite wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Can post pic of the hole?

I need some repairs to the parquet floors in the boys' rooms too. Normal wear n tear, I guess. When we moved in, we did not change the flooring.


Sorry, I haven't gotten round to setting up the photo account etc to upload photos. :sweat:

But if it is just normal wear and tear, you can arrange for a resanding and polishing of the entire floor. But you will have to move all your furniture and seal up all holes for the job, so also not that easy.


Not surface losing shine. But the original putty along the seams came off. Also small cracks. I am wondering whether diy wood putty can be applied? Or I should call for professionals?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23241
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Next

Return to Domestic Help