Supervision of Maid

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

Supervision of Maid

Postby Snow24 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:25 am

Hi

Does your maid need frequent supervision of work ?
How to train the maid to be independent in doing her work instead of having to rely on employer to remind her to perform the routine task. The maid was given a timetable as a guide. However still need to tell her then she will go and do that particular chores.

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Supervision of Maid

Postby Jennifer » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Are you still talking about the same maid?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby elenang » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:33 pm

In my opinion, its really not easy to find such a good maid... (always automatic) I had one really good one but had to let her go due to her having menopause and going crazy on me. My second maid takes every chance available to rest though so the only solution is to keep asking her to do things.

elenang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Snow24 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:44 pm

Hi Jennifer

Yes.I wonder is it maids these days are like that.

Hi elenang

The maid try to dilly dally and take her own sweet time to do the work.End of day tell me she cannot finish blah blah when I asked her.

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Angelique » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Snow24 wrote:Hi

Does your maid need frequent supervision of work ?
How to train the maid to be independent in doing her work instead of having to rely on employer to remind her to perform the routine task. The maid was given a timetable as a guide. However still need to tell her then she will go and do that particular chores.

I had print out detailed schedule list but none of them really bothered even reading it! 1st maid who was actually efficient at her work did things without being told, however she was very emotional and I just couldn't manage that with new baby so she left after her contract is finished. Fun part began after that! every other maid was useless and didn't know or pretend not to know how to do house work even though they have more then 2yrs in SG already...
They all said, sorry didn't see! That's nice ones who said sorry.. Others just give me black face.
Now, if they can't work then they are out, yes I give them plenty of chance and pep talk but it doesn't work.
Hope your maid can improve but if it's your old maid ypu talked about before then chances are very slim

Angelique
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby elenang » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:51 am

Snow24 wrote:Hi elenang

The maid try to dilly dally and take her own sweet time to do the work.End of day tell me she cannot finish blah blah when I asked her.

Sigh, my current maid also dilly dally queen. So end up we do a lot more things ourselves. Anyway, just keep asking her to do things or maybe you can try to take one day off and watch how she do things since she say she got no time. Then she will maybe buck up haha

elenang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Snow24 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Dear all

Thanks for sharing.

I also do most things myself since the maid would take a long long time to get it done.

We tried talking to her on area for improvement she would try to buck up after awhile resume back to her style of working.

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Angelique » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:46 am

Dear Snow,

Must be frustrating for you, has she been in your family for long?
If more then 1year then no loan so take your time to look out for a decent maid.
Maid gets scared if sir speaks but really it doesn't last.
I tried to hold on to my useless maid who didn't listen and on phone 24hrs thinking she deserve chance after chance but in the end she left in 10 month whilst telling everyone she wants to finish her contract.
Actually when she left it was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, never want to see her again!

Angelique
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Snow24 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:18 am

Hi Angelique

This maid is experienced maid who know how to "geng".How do you handle your attitude maid that you tried to hold back ? She is with us for nearing 7 months. Find that maid after 7 months started to show their true colours. They are no longer humble and polite can even talk back at you.

I got my husband to speak to her.In front of him, the maid will say OK OK and try to " improve" on the things mentioned. After awhile, she will lag in other things and gotta speak to her again find it a vicious cycle.

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby elenang » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 am

Snow24 wrote:Hi Angelique

This maid is experienced maid who know how to "geng".How do you handle your attitude maid that you tried to hold back ? She is with us for nearing 7 months. Find that maid after 7 months started to show their true colours. They are no longer humble and polite can even talk back at you.

I got my husband to speak to her.In front of him, the maid will say OK OK and try to " improve" on the things mentioned. After awhile, she will lag in other things and gotta speak to her again find it a vicious cycle.

I think maid that talks back without reason is the last straw... I will definitely send her back. Cos from that moment on, if no action taken, I think the situation will just worsen.

My maid recently asked for another day off, I am usually kind with her and in my mind I was ok to let her go for an extra day but I just wanted to be firm with her and to let her know that not everything she requested will be ok, so I told her no. An extra day off will depends on her performance for that month. That will give her some motivation to not geng so much..

elenang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Domestic Help