renew or get new maid

With most families being dual-income-with-kids, outsourcing home cleaning and home economics to domestic helpers is almost a way of life for Singaporeans. Come in and discuss issues pertaining to maids and home management.

renew or get new maid

Postby Snow24 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi

Anyone can share on your experience.
Do you renew your maid after 2 years contract or you hire new maid?

Some employer's practice is to change maid after two years as they noticed the maid don't seem so enthusiastic to work or working attitude will change after returning from home leave.

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: renew or get new maid

Postby huaywenandkenneth » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:06 am

I prefer to get a new one than renew contract.
So far I am on my 4th maid and 3 had served 2 years (full contract) with me. I have yet to find one that I want to extend beyond the 2nd year, or they want to go home.

huaywenandkenneth
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bb_ mom » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:32 pm

I think it depends on how the maid is. We didn't like the attitude of the 1st helped. So we decided against renewal. With our 2nd helper, she was fine and trustworthy. Hence, her contract was renewed 3 times. We would have renewed again if she had decided to stay on in SG. Although we did notice a change in attitude during her last contract.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Ikid » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Snow24 wrote:Hi

Anyone can share on your experience.
Do you renew your maid after 2 years contract or you hire new maid?

Some employer's practice is to change maid after two years as they noticed the maid don't seem so enthusiastic to work or working attitude will change after returning from home leave.

If the helper has good attitude, many employers will sign on another 2 years, however, if she's those with 'many patterns' (ie, talk back, always on their mobile, etc) advisable to change as because their heart is not with you anymore so why keep her?

Ikid
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:03 pm

If u r talking about ur current helper, dun keep her. She is a source of heartache for u already isnt she?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Snow24 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:18 pm

bb_ mom wrote:I think it depends on how the maid is. We didn't like the attitude of the 1st helped. So we decided against renewal. With our 2nd helper, she was fine and trustworthy. Hence, her contract was renewed 3 times. We would have renewed again if she had decided to stay on in SG. Although we did notice a change in attitude during her last contract.

Hi bb_mom
What kind of attitude your ex-maid shown you in her last contract?

Snow24
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bb_ mom » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Don't always do what we tell her, talk back sometimes, black face sometimes (particularly when DH cooks cos she probably feels he's invading her territory). I guess everyone has those days. But at least she's trustworthy. No funny biz.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:02 am

bb_ mom wrote:Don't always do what we tell her, talk back sometimes, black face sometimes (particularly when DH cooks cos she probably feels he's invading her territory). I guess everyone has those days. But at least she's trustworthy. No funny biz.

black face and talk back. very common.
best part is black face for no rhyme or reason. I remember leaving her to follow schedule and hardly breathed down her neck. women don't have M period several times a month right?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Domestic Help